Certain Addons here need a forum, not just a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Doctor

OMG Member
Oct 7, 2010
xenforo
I see that Xenfans.com is "hosting" certain Addons.
It is a semi disaster trying to "Support" anything but a dead simple Addon with one thread.
(Although I can dream up some good ways to do it).

Would Xenfans.com consider giving bigger projects like the BBCode manager an entire forum ?
http://xenfans.com/threads/addon-bbcode-manager.47/

Thanks for considering this option as a better way to help support important Addons such as the BBCode Manager.

As well, the xF thread:
BBCode manager
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bbcode-manager.5657/
Might reference the proposed xenfans.com forum as the main place for questions, ideas and support.

Certainly would be a good way to get more signups at xenFans.com

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Jan 1, 2001
Netherlands
mrfloris.com
We are looking at the natural growth of the site and expand where needed. At this point I don't see a reason 'yet' to consider moving addons in to their own forum section. But it's on our list to consider when we feel that's where the site is slowly going towards to. We have to start somewhere :)

Oct 6, 2010
I'm flattered that you think my add-on is big and requires a forum. Honestly, I am. Just wait till you see the actual BB Code manager I have built. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Digital Doctor

OMG Member
Oct 7, 2010
xenforo
The BB Code Manager is a very useful tool - many people will be happy to have it !
At vB.org - the fact that support and product development of major plugins was "in one thread" was a GRAND WASTE of TIME for everyone. As well, it is extremely hard to follow things in such a format. Someone new to a plugin needs to read 99 pages of stuff just to find the info they need.

Hopefully xenforo.com will not replicate vBulletin's poor service in this regard.

I still don't think a forum is "Good enough" to support a major plugin .... but it's better than one thread !
Ideally Plugin developers could moderate their own subforum and have a few threads that are essential for "Core" information. Questions and Suggestions and Support can go in their own threads. etc.

Digital Doctor

OMG Member
Oct 7, 2010
xenforo
I also think that certain concepts might need a forum:
"CMS / HomePage / Portal" discussions -

I doubt xenforo.com will encourage CMS adoption ... as I am sure they plan their own.
It is also a relatively complicated topic.
This will be a hot topic for years to come.
How about getting the google spiders loving xenfans.com on this topic now !
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.