Do your members treat you differently because you're the Admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleChat_imported

OMG Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hull, UK
www.cyclechat.net
I find I get a range of treatment when I use my own forums, from indifference (my preference as I'd like to just join in like everyone else), to reverence and in some cases downright rudeness and hostility (thankfully very few of those).

How do your members react to you posting on your own forums? Is it a positive or negative experience?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

iTuN3R

OMG Member
Nov 2, 2010
Depends what kind of community forum i guess . for example .

My community forum is specially about fishing for certain city of texas . I enjoy fishing i go out often whenever i am free mostly with my own board members . We do different get together fishing , lunch programs , share stories , teach each other different techniques of fishing .Most of people on my board know me in real life so most of us enjoy each others posts and help new members with various things .

CycleChat_imported

OMG Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hull, UK
www.cyclechat.net
Depends what kind of community forum i guess . for example .

My community forum is specially about fishing for certain city of texas . I enjoy fishing i go out often whenever i am free mostly with my own board members . We do different get together fishing , lunch programs , share stories , teach each other different techniques of fishing .Most of people on my board know me in real life so most of us enjoy each others posts and help new members with various things .

That sounds really positive - and typical of a small board, which are often more tight-knit than larger communities. I'm guessing the off-line friendships help too?

For my own site, we often organise rides so there's an off-line element to the community as well - which can help when addressing problems as people don't take it too badly if you already have a good rapport with them. :D

Cheers,

iTuN3R

OMG Member
Nov 2, 2010
That sounds really positive - and typical of a small board, which are often more tight-knit than larger communities. I'm guessing the off-line friendships help too?

For my own site, we often organise rides so there's an off-line element to the community as well - which can help when addressing problems as people don't take it too badly if you already have a good rapport with them. :D

Cheers,

It's growing slowly . i started site 3and half months back only . Did my share of advertising around the lakes and passed words with fishing folks slowly things started going crazy which i never expected .

We organize friendly fish off event , looking forward for another event that involves kids tournament with some cash prize hopefully if we get good amount of rain this month . What i like to do is call out everyone whoever is free to fish let them know each other and fish together which increases little better communication in forum itself so they won't have any kind of difference in board . It's cheating but this is good idea to bring your members together in small programs once in a while .

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.