Dropbox like forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Edge_imported

OMG Member
One of the features I like in vB that I can't seem to find how to do in XF is limiting a forum node that members can only see and reply to threads they created in that section. Sorta like a forum staff drop box.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Just to clarify,
You want a forum where staff members can post threads and members can't, members can only reply to the thread?

Mike Edge_imported

OMG Member
Close, I need the ability where a member can create a new thread but only viewable in that forum section to the person that created the thread and forum staff.

Like in vB, in the forum permissions for regeristed users you set yes to can view forum, can view thread content, can create new thread and can reply to own thread. Then you set no to Can view others' threads, can reply to others' threads.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Close, I need the ability where a member can create a new thread but only viewable in that forum section to the person that created the thread and forum staff.

Like in vB, in the forum permissions for regeristed users you set yes to can view forum, can view thread content, can create new thread and can reply to own thread. Then you set no to Can view others' threads, can reply to others' threads.

Oh I understand now :) Was a little bit confused by your first explanation, sorry.
Well, I don't think xF has that feature yet. And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's no modification I know that does this :(

Mike Edge_imported

OMG Member
Just another thing to wait for 1.1 for =) Used vB for 6+ years, I can wait a few more months being on the JelFail boat =) Prolly start a new site with my current lisc and buy a new lisc to migrate this site I need it for once 1.1 releases.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It won't hurt to get XenForo and run your site, do test imports, get premium members and staff to help beta test and get feedback .. and go live with 1.1 - giving new stuff for everybody.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
This can be setup with the current permissions. I will see about drafting an article to explain it.

Floris

Staff member
It's not possible at the moment to set it up so users can see their own threads, but not the threads of others in a forum.

Floris

Staff member
I thought it was possible too, but after investigating I couldn't figure it out - I am almost certain 1.1 will have this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.