Facebook auth

Christopher

OMG Member
I tried Facebook login last night and it didn't work. Tried to associate it to my existing account this morning and didn't work again. Something about the keys being used, perhaps they are still developer-only keys?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hi Christopher :wave:
Thanks for letting us know.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I tried Facebook login last night and it didn't work. Tried to associate it to my existing account this morning and didn't work again. Something about the keys being used, perhaps they are still developer-only keys?
Yikes. Did you have to remember your password from 2011? >_>

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The tests I have done seemed to have worked. Maybe your account still had an old FB app associated with it? I noticed on my old test account I had to disassociate it first, because it was showing as 'unknown' on the page.

The XenForo instructions were really outdated, when I created a support ticket their response was "FB is constantly changing, sooooo....." yeah, not really helpful. They don't seem to want to update their documentation. It was a bit of a guessing game to get it all to work on our end. And FB is quite poor with confirming what you have on your screen. The 'test' that XenForo offers also shows association working and didn't fail.

I will certainly look into it again.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I noticed on my old test account I had to disassociate it first, because it was showing as 'unknown' on the page.

ditto

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-13%20at%2018.06.26.png