Favourite Film Soundtracks!

Rain

OMG Member
So what are your favourite film soundtracks basically? And don't forget to say why! :D

Tricorder

Resident Maid
Pretty much everything from all Star Wars movies. Since the music was composed by John Williams, the same guy who composed main themes for Superman and Indiana Jones, I also like main themes from those movies. They're quite similar to Star Wars main theme and to each other. Why? Umm... because they sound great? :p

The only Star Trek soundtrack I really like comes from the First Contact movie. Unfortunately, this YouTube clip doesn't sound too good. This music sounds much better on my DVD. :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzAFGqN4Fpw"]YouTube - Jerry Goldsmith - Star Trek: First Contact / End Title[/ame]

I also like the music from Back to the Future trilogy. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

Rain

OMG Member
The new Star Trek film soundtrack was awesome! As is the Star Wars films soundtrack. Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans, Lord of the Rings, E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Spiderman... all epic!

But my two favourite have to be Gladiator, and X-Men: The Last Stand, the latter of which doesn't get enough credit for it's sound track.

Saenjaina

I Have A Spork!
Nice topic.

I have a very wide taste in music, but I mainly get my inspiration from movies. Especially indie movies since they usually come with very interesting soundtracks. Here's a few of my favourites:

The Fountain (Clint Mansell)

Little Miss Sunshine (DeVotchKa)

Amélie (Yann Tiersen)

Good Bye Lenin! (Yann Tiersen)

Punch-Drunk Love (Jon Brion)

I <3 Huckabees (Jon Brion)

Broken Flowers (Various)

The Royal Tenenbaums (Various)

The Darjeeling Limited (Various)

Magnolia (Jon Brion ft. Aimee Mann)

Those are just off my head. I'd recommend all of you to throw some of that through YouTube. It's good. :)

Xavier

OMG Member
Gross Pointe Blank,

2 CDs of the best and wierdest stuff from the 80s...I grew up in the 80's what can I say?

Last edited by a moderator:

TeHpUmKinKiNg

OMG Member
I'd have to say.. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWFZPJZTxU"]YouTube - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Kick Some Ass[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyOMtuacMI"]YouTube - The Motherf*cking Time[/ame]

[ame="

"]YouTube - Jay & Silent Bob - Magic Carpet Ride[/ame]

Just a few of the excellent songs on the film.

LilMistress T

OMG Member
I liked the soundtrack for the first Transformers movie, and from what I've heard of the new movie, it seems it will be pretty good as well. Yes, I'm a hopeless Linkin Park fan.

Also, Pan's Labyrinth had some good sound, though I do not know any of the artists/composers *shrug* I liked the nightmarish dark effect the sound had, it gave the different scenes in the movie the sort of "feel" I think Guillermo Del Toro was reaching for, as this movie was a lifelong thing of his. Pretty well done if you ask me. And the lullaby I could not get out of my head for weeks!

I know there's more, but I just can't think of them at the moment, heh. There's not much thinking when it's THIS hot! I'll post them as my poor little brain cools off, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain

OMG Member
Linkin Park are epic! But I prefer the Hybrid Theory/Meteora stuff tbh. STill like the new stuff though, and New Divide is awesome! :D Have you seen the video yet?

LilMistress T

OMG Member
Rain said:
Linkin Park are epic! But I prefer the Hybrid Theory/Meteora stuff tbh. STill like the new stuff though, and New Divide is awesome! :D Have you seen the video yet?

No, I have not, but I will. I will check it out when I wake, I think sleep is demanding my presence at the moment. Hehe.

I also remember liking the soundtrack to A Knights Tale, lots of good ones in there ;)

Rain

OMG Member
I was just watcvhing this film on TV the other day, and noticed how epic the score was. I couldn't believe I had overlooked it in the past. Just another piece of John Williams magic - Jurassic Park.

I can't get enough of it now. Particularly from 4:30 onwards.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GFZI51H6k"]YouTube - Jurassic Park Music[/ame]

Fyurii_oth

I Know More Than The Holocron
My all time greatest film soundtrack, has to be Conan the Barbarian.

There's not a single piece of it that I can't listen to over and again!

Xavier

OMG Member
Last of the Mochicans, Master and Commander, Phantom of the Opera were all great too.

Can't believe nobody has put the original Star Wars score on here yet.

Rain

OMG Member
Rain said:
The new Star Trek film soundtrack was awesome! As is the Star Wars films soundtrack. Indiana Jones, Last of the Mohicans, Lord of the Rings, E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Spiderman... all epic!

But my two favourite have to be Gladiator, and X-Men: The Last Stand, the latter of which doesn't get enough credit for it's sound track.

Thar :p

The thing about the SW score though, is that it's so expansive. As a whole it is top of my list though ;)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Moulin Rouge - Because its emotional lovey dovey girlie stuff :p
War of the Worlds - Intense, thought provoking, amazingness. Also love the film and stage show.
The Crow - Reminds me of the film funnily enough, and its good some good tracks.
The Lost Boys - The soundtrack is great nostalgia.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This one had me going for a while. And added so much power to the emotion of the scene. Scary how that works.
I want to use it on a timelapse project I am working on - but now that the movie is out I doubt I can ever afford the license fee.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYMPXFMHP6w

If someone has an equal piece of music that's free for use, or very affordable for youtube stuff, let me know.