[Feedback] Suggesting More Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myster Dude

Trusted Member
I know that its still pretty early for this, however, I'd like to probably table this for later use. But hear me out though.

We could put the forums (again just a suggestion,) like so as in this order:

1. Everything XenFans (As you have it already :))
  2. XenForo Addons/Mods
    • Discuss Addons [Sub-Forum] (Copy of the addon can be discussed so people can report bugs or make comments etc.)
    • XenForo Addons (Author can only update it.)
  3. XenForo Themes/Graphics
    • Discuss Themes [Sub Forum] (Copy of the theme can be discussed so people can report bugs or make comments etc.)
    • XenForo Themes (Author can only update.)
    • Discuss Graphics [Sub-forum] (Copy of the graphics pack can be discussed so people can report bugs or make comments etc.)
    • XenForo Graphics (Author can only update.)
  4. XenForo Fan Forum
    • General Chat (as it is.)
    • Support (as it is.)
    • Tips/Tricks/Tutorials (People can start threads on hwo to do stuff etc. Via video or long worded tutorials.)
    • Resources (as it is.)
    • Documentation (as it is.)

I hope you like the idea :) But then again, its just a suggestion, I like how it is now, just to put on the table for now.

Hagai

OMG Member
great suggestion.
but the developing community isn't big enough yet.

Myster Dude

Trusted Member
great suggestion.
but the developing community isn't big enough yet.
Yes I know.
But as I said, I also suggested just tabling it for now (as in putting it aside fore future reference.) :P

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Myster Dude and everybody else :) Great to see you here and thank you so much for your suggestions.

Once a week(ish) we go through our forum structure, and this includes going through the feedback from our team, our members, and our visitors. We analyze the data as much as possible and make decisions that help naturally evolve the site (and it's node structure).

We have verticals to think about, as well as hidden nodes for documentation and what not. So it's a bit more tricky than one might think. We also do not want to overwhelm newcomers with a bunch of forums while we only have a handful of content. All things to keep in mind. :)

The last week we've been noticing that the offtopic forum has taken off, and that the documentation is getting a lot of hits (and that users want to contribute to it). We've also noticed releases of addons and styles. And that we've received quite a bit of suggestions (like this thread) for the forum structure.

Now that everybody is familiar with the structure, and I feel that the natural next step is to permit some growth. I have split off the resources into a category, moved our documentation up to the xenfans section. And renamed a few forums under xenforo category, and added a few resources forums under the resources category. Other sections of the site like the blog, products/services, and documentation have expended as well with new information.

It is a start and I hope that we get more feedback on the node structure in the coming days and weeks. Next week we will be seeing if we need to split off more, perhaps merge back a few things, or re-order what we have. Hopefully we get your feedback again to help us make better decisions.

There :) A bit of info as to how I am planning on doing forum management, and how our visitors can participate.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
It's been a while and we've slowly updated our forum structure, the latest one just went live.

However, we're looking for more feedback. If anybody feels we're missing something, or we should merge two boards, and create a new one - whatever. Let us know :)

The next round of forum structure updates is scheduled for the end of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.