[Feedback] When is your Wordpress Blog going to integrated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpie

OMG Member
I hope so as well. We definitely need one main mod site, not ten or fifteen of them.

Whichever one is clean and organized, and easy to search and find for mods will prevail.

Hagai

OMG Member
I think at the start some private programmer will make a bridge.

Apparently already done and available at xenforo.com :) Dear god in heaven there's some quick developers out there.

There are some quick and good ones (I won't actually categorize myself in there... haha) and some quick and OK ones (that's me!) and some quick and bad ones... But have this many solid add-ons in little under 10 days is quite an accomplishment. Bravo XenForo. :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I can't find a good xF with WP running.
xenFans needs to lead the way !
:)

We were just a blog, while in the background we were working on our area51 building the future sections of our site and alpha testing XenForo 1. We've since then moved away from the blog, focussed on starting up XenForo 1 beta 1 and build it up. Recently (also thanks to this thread) I've been able to update the navbar to include a tab to the /blog/ - where the old blog is located. We haven't 'bridged' it yet. Maybe after beta 2 :) (no promises though). It's quite possible that the articles published there will be moved to our forum's public forum, and we discontinue the blog. I have yet to decide on this.

It's really cool to hear that people want a blog and that they believe we can be the example. In a way for XenFans it would make sense, but .. the content is too little to make a huge custom build just for a handful of articles/interviews. But who knows!

Ah yes XenFans will, I'll make sure of it haha :p

I have a big feeling that this will be the mod site, or atleast a major contributer of XenForo. :)

Yeah, we try to not be XFcom, but sit on top of them. Hopefully a great resources for everybody.

I hope so as well. We definitely need one main mod site, not ten or fifteen of them.

Whichever one is clean and organized, and easy to search and find for mods will prevail.

I am not sure if we are the ones that will be the modification site for XenForo, I think XFcom itself is a great place to do that. However, third party sites are always encouraged, and we will do things our way, keeping the visitors in mind. We invite everybody to share their knowledge, help others, and to not feel shy asking for info or help. It's this gathering of everybody that makes a good community. We are just a service offering a place for those enthusiasts.

Apparently already done and available at xenforo.com :) Dear god in heaven there's some quick developers out there.

A bridge for WP/XF has been made indeed. And we're looking into it. It doesn't quite do just yet what we want. But - patience, and who knows. :) I am keeping an eye on it for sure.

I have seen the theme, and I am not sure how intrusive it is yet - but if it is lightweight and easy to adapt to, then it's certainly making it a smoother experience for those browsing our site. Also keeping an eye on that theme's development. Thanks for letting us know :)

There are some quick and good ones (I won't actually categorize myself in there... haha) and some quick and OK ones (that's me!) and some quick and bad ones... But have this many solid add-ons in little under 10 days is quite an accomplishment. Bravo XenForo. :)

I concur, the amount of content created for XenForo and shared for free with others is amazing. A little amount of time and great results. I haven't seen that in a while. Thumbs up to everybody!

Chimpie

OMG Member
I am not sure if we are the ones that will be the modification site for XenForo, I think XFcom itself is a great place to do that. However, third party sites are always encouraged, and we will do things our way, keeping the visitors in mind. We invite everybody to share their knowledge, help others, and to not feel shy asking for info or help. It's this gathering of everybody that makes a good community. We are just a service offering a place for those enthusiasts.
I think xFans needs its own style. It's exactly like xF. It needs to stand apart a little bit.

Digital Doctor

OMG Member
Putting Recent Activity on the Forums SubTab is an excellent idea ! Having all the way over on the Members Tab doesn't make sense (people wont use it or find it for that matter).

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Thought you maybe interested in what I've been playing with today, which considering my total lack of experience I am rather pleased with. :D

I installed the WP/xF Bridge, but I am having problems with the combined login at the moment (I am waiting for help on the thread in the ‘add-on’ forum at xF), but I went ahead and installed the WP Proxy plugin into xF and it's looking rather promising so far.

It pulls the data from the WP default theme and puts it into a xF page (currently under 'blog', I'll need to change that to 'home') using the xF style as the display.

Here's how it looks in WP:

http://doctorwatson.info/wp_test/

Here's how the same info is displayed when pulled into the default xF style:

http://doctorwatson.info/xF_test/?Blog/

- you can also see how it displays in the 'XenBlueFire' style I've installed using the style chooser at the bottom of the xF page.

It's only thrown together and needs some playing around with, but is looking very promising.

All I need now is a calendar, which someone is working on, and I reckon I'll make the change from vB4.

Not sure how long those test links will reman, so I attach a screenshot....

Attachments

• WP_XF_SnapShot.jpg
    WP_XF_SnapShot.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 5

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Wow, excellent job :)

Well thank you, but I didn’t actually do much other than install the plugin and copy over some test content to see what happens.

Any credit needs to go to ‘xfrocks’* for creating the plugin.

* Although I keep reading that user name as x-frocks. :oops:

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I have been able to convert all the wordpress blog entires into threads, and put them in the right forums. We have an article forum so any additional content can become documentation > page, or an an article > thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.