Fellow XF User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydesdale

OMG Member
Good evening to you all. I have been running a Cycling site ( www.cyclingforums.org ) with XF since April 2011. I am trying to make it look more professional with a new skin that matches the logo, and some guest notifications and new member notifications, i.e. directing them to intorduce themselves, and upload avatar. I am sure I will want to add others. I am open to any and all suggestions.

I also have a site run on IP Board, www.childhoodcancerforums.com; and one with VB, www.m4carbineforums.com.

I have had the fewest problems with spammers on XF than the other two. In the comming year I am sure all my sites will be run with XF.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Clyde,

Great to hear from you and thank you for introducing yourself. You've got some nice sites there and I am looking forward seeing them all powered by XenForo.

In regards to your mention about the notifications to new members such as upload of avatar and introduction thread, we've done exactly that with a free addon you can download here: http://xenfans.com/threads/product-xenfans-com-welcome-block.730/

Enjoy!

Clydesdale

OMG Member
Hey Clyde,

Great to hear from you and thank you for introducing yourself. You've got some nice sites there and I am looking forward seeing them all powered by XenForo.

In regards to your mention about the notifications to new members such as upload of avatar and introduction thread, we've done exactly that with a free addon you can download here: http://xenfans.com/threads/product-xenfans-com-welcome-block.730/

Enjoy!
I appreciate your kind words, and stellar fast reply! I am new to hosting communities, having only started in October 2010. I would also like to learn how to make a homepage like this site www.nyphotoforum.com

Clydesdale

OMG Member
I followed the directions to what I believe are correct and I got the following error

Error

The specified add-on is already installed. Please use the upgrade page if you would like to upgrade it.

Floris

Staff member
I can't tell beforehand if you have it installed or not, obviously.
Go to admin.php > list add-ons and see if the 'xenfans.com - welcome block' product is listed there.
Go to the frontpage of your site as a user, and see if it has the plugin showing.

Clydesdale

OMG Member
Go to admin.php > list add-ons and see if the 'xenfans.com - welcome block' product is listed there.
Go to the frontpage of your site as a user, and see if it has the plugin showing.
No, It does not show up

Floris

Staff member
You're running XenForo 1.0.4 and uploaded the welcome block files to the server first, before importing the .xml as a product?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hello hello, welcome to XenFans :)

Clydesdale

OMG Member
Floris,
I got it to work!! I had to reinstall it. It works like a charm now!!
Danke!

Status
Not open for further replies.