Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
Signed up here a bit ago and then never took it further. Been busy with work and family. Finally getting around to getting my vb4 moved back to vb3 and will be working on my first xf site more this week.

Glad to say that I recommended xf to a buddy in the UK and he is now a proud xf owner who hopes to have his site live soon. He loves it. He is Tazdevillooney at xf.com.

imported_Brian

OMG Member
Hello robbiefritz,

Welcome aboard, feel free to browse around. Hope you like what you see here and I can't wait to see your contribution to XenFans :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Robbie,

I am happy to see you and your friend here on our site, and even more so that we can help you downgrade your board from vB4 to vB3, while you build up your XF board. In the future you can convert that vB3 to XF, or we can help you do that.

Have fun on our site, we have documentation, user guides, addons, resources, and of course can provide free help via our boards. If you see people with questions you have the answer to feel free to contribute :)

Enjoy

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hey *waves* welcome aboard :)

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Glad to say that I recommended xf to a buddy in the UK and he is now a proud xf owner who hopes to have his site live soon. He loves it. He is Tazdevillooney at xf.com.

The word is spreading, I recommended xf to a big board (over 40k members and almost 10 million posts) over here in the UK too, they are currently testing it ready for conversation once it goes 'gold'. :cool:

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
You own the site? :D

No, no - I wish I did. :D

I've just been a user on u75 for years, well before I set-up my own site, I tipped him off about xF, then when the court action was launched he asked me to write that article for wirefresh.

Floris

Staff member
The word is spreading, I recommended xf to a big board (over 40k members and almost 10 million posts) over here in the UK too, they are currently testing it ready for conversation once it goes 'gold'. :cool:
That is very cool, I am quite curious to see how smooth that convert will go, we've streamlined our process quite a bit already.

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
That is very cool, I am quite curious to see how smooth that convert will go, we've streamlined our process quite a bit already.

As you say it will be interesting, I think it will be awhile yet, because whilst the owner wants to convert as soon as possible some of the mods and I believe the techie too wants to hold off until xF is officially stable.

Also there’s a couple of mods or extra features they need, in particular a calendar (although I am dropping them a PM about the XenAtendo events mod as I reckon that would do the job for them) and ‘ignore user’, which is important on that site because it can get very heated in the politics forums.

There’s almost a lot of objection from members about the possible introduction of avatars, so they are making a theme without them and there’s a discussion as to if avatars should be enabled in the default theme or not or not even available at all – this last option has over 50% of votes on a thread running to over 1300 posts!!!! :eek:

They had such a hard time, both technically and with users moaning, after upgrading from vB3 to vB4 a few months ago that they want to make sure it goes as smooth as possible when they convert to xF.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
Wow, who would know someone would kick up a stink over avatars..

Floris

Staff member
Great write out DW; and a bit of a shame to hear that users don't wish to personalize themselves with avatars. I've never seen that happen. My experience is that they are all about custom avatars. Oh well, the exception to anything has to come from somewhere. :)

DoctorWatsOn

OMG Member
Wow, who would know someone would kick up a stink over avatars..
Great write out DW; and a bit of a shame to hear that users don't wish to personalize themselves with avatars. I've never seen that happen. My experience is that they are all about custom avatars. Oh well, the exception to anything has to come from somewhere. :)

It has always been the way there, no avatars, no signatures, no adverts - clutter free - and people don't like change.

Mind you there's an even bigger board, still on vB3, which I post on that has over 47 million posts & over 400,000 members and that has the same policy of no avatars & signatures, although plenty of ads - Digital Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.