Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
I'm new to XenForo. I've a VB4 forum and I'm thinking about migrating it to XenForo. Problem is that I don't really know XF so I'm asking myself what eventually I can loose in this migration and what are the problems.

Eventually I'm searching someone that can do such a migration for me (obviously paying). I've asked in the XF forum and they've told me to ask here...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Don't think about it, just do it :D Running and using XenForo is a positive experience.

How many posts would you be importing?

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
A little less of 140.000 post. Not so many. As I've said in another thread, I would like to know what I'm at risk to loose in that migration. I would like that you do the migration since I've no time nor experience to do it but, before going to it, I need to know that.

If you want I can give you access to my forum (is a pay forum so as a guest you can't see everything) so that you can investigate and tell me what do you think...

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
Another question. My forum is an invite one so you can register only after I've sent you an invite code. Is there anything like that for XenForo?

Floris

Staff member
There's a script released on XenForo.com so you could import yourself, or have us help you do it.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer.5726/
It explains what is included, so everything else simply isn't included.
There is no invite code on closed boards option by default, but there is a invite add-on being developed on xenforo.com

140k posts is less than 250k, so the price should be $49 for an import, which includes a $9 non-refundable base price. You get the $40 back if you don't like the imported result, or we fail at the import.

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
I don't want to do it by myself. Be sure that when I'll decide you'll be my only option
smile.png

Floris

Staff member
Looking forward hearing from you - and I hope the convert when done provides you with the board you want.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the community :)

Floris

Staff member
Seeing how this is your 'welcome thread', the discussion about converting is continued here :)

It's nice to get to know you a bit more. I wish I could visit Italy this summer. I had it planned for a couple of years now but have not managed financially to get beyond Belgium.

Unfortn. the high speed train seems to go as far as Paris. Unless.. [goes to web site to check]

Status
Not open for further replies.