Help promote xenfans and xenforo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I am still busy taking the old blue frontpage html and revamping it to a picture that has the domain name, as well as xenfans on it, and invite to come check it out.

And printing that 6 times. We have 6 flats in this area and I think putting a non intrusive piece of paper on their bulletin boards, including my own flats, will have a few more eyes on it. Who knows, word of mouth might increase, or just someone checking it out who has an interest in building a community.

Another way I am promoting it is by simply having this site.

Now, I am looking for better ideas that will reach a bigger audience, for my site, but also for xenforo itself. What can you come up with?

A free premium account will be provided to the first (non-team) member that posts a picture of real-life off-line promotion way.

Looking for ideas, and looking to see what you can do to help promote it offline.

Chimpie

OMG Member
I have some ideas on how to promote XF. I'm not sure about xf cause I still have some questions about how everything is going to play out.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I have some ideas on how to promote XF. I'm not sure about xf cause I still have some questions about how everything is going to play out.
We have a lot of questions, but have prepared a lot (just can't throw everything live at once). There is much to do and we're still figuring out what the users browsing this site are expecting. Hopefully during this beta period (which we didn't feel we should keep private and just go public with!) we are hoping to get feedback from everybody, including you.

If you are hoping we're going to do something here that benefits you (and others..) or think we should be doing something. Let us know. We'll at least add it to our user-feedback list and hope that review it within reasonable time and implement it if we agree.

There's nothing wrong with a fan site - and we can focus on putting the most of content on xenforo, but that we can sit on top of xenforo and do what users can't do there. Just another great resource. Plus, if xenfans has their own products and services, or tutorials and documentation, to name a few things, that we can use our own site, rather than spam that on xenforo - and we're very excited about working together with other xenforo fan sites, who all do well what they do, such as a signature generator, or whatever. :) We've just started, and obviously there is more to come.

Jethro

OMG Member
Floris my apologies, keep meaning to add a link over at my blog ... off to do that right now.

Hagai

OMG Member
I did many programming jobs for forum owners in Israel, I might move some of them to xF!

Status
Not open for further replies.