How do you organize 8 TB of drive data?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Tidying up 8TB worth of data; external ssd and hdd drives piled up, but they're connected and it's time to organize that data to the next level; http://mrfloris.com/article/3172/tidying-up-8tb-worth-of-external-drives/ new #mrf #blog

Way way back in the day my friend's dad was quite familiar with how computers worked. He showed me how to open his beige case up and point out the individual components. I had no idea what he was talking about. But two things stood out to me, and since he said it I never forgot those words: One, if you can get more space, take it. And two, you will always run out. Stay organized and back it all up.

Over time I was introduced to a variety of computer systems and their operating systems. From Atari to Gateway, from Apples to Dells, desktops, laptops, netbooks, powerbooks, iPads, iMacs, .. and in 2017 I was able to do finally upgrade my old 24" iMac from 2009 with a 27" iMac from 2017.

And now I've connected all those drives to the system, and I am ready to organize it.

How would you do it?