If you are selected for a job that you realise is a bad fit for you but it offers a good salary. What would you do?

SaadAkbar

OMG Member
A good salary is always an attraction for employees. As long as bad fit is concerned, I believe one can not find an ideal job always. There are always hurdles. In the given scenario, first of all, I shall be flexible and wont raise my expectations higher. Secondly I’ll try to adjust myself in the given circumstances. Thirdly, I’ll work to fulfill my contractual obligation and will give my best. fourthly, if I’ll find myself not able to adjust, I’ll wait for the right time and better opportunity to switch my job.

CraftKitten21

OMG Member
I had a job where I loved it and it paid very little but I stayed because I looked forward to working almost every day. Due to health issues, I had to walk away. Because I can't handle stress well, taking a job where I would be miserable would not be an option and no amount of money could convince me to make such a sacrifice.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Nope. It would be tempting but my mental health would come first and I've had a poorly paid job that I loved before and wanted more money, didn't get it as unfortunately the company collapsed before I got the promotion. However, I stayed until the end as I loved it so much.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
At the start of a career any job is a job that buys you time and pays for bills. Later when you might be able to do what you love, you get paid for what fits better, but you won't have the time. So take what you can, it also at least builds a resume and helps you earn something to help you grow in life. From there you can keep asking a pay that matches a previous job and you can grow in your position and experience, even if it is with a different company.