I'm back ^_^ And I have a Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I haven't been around for a good few days, not properly anyway, I've managed a few Tweets from my iPhone but that's about it. I know It's not been that long, but I've missed you all ^_^

I also have Lion. Well.. I'm downloading it now, and boy is it downloading slow :P

Glad to be back :)

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
You should. In my opinion it's currently one of the best operating systems, and a worthy replacement for Windows.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
You should. In my opinion it's currently one of the best operating systems, and a worthy replacement for Windows.

Let's just wait for Windows 8 or whatever it'll be called :)
I'd have a good laugh if they'd call it Windows Tiger or something :D

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
More like Windows iSlow or something like that ^_^

Windows is not slow at all, you just gotta know how to handle it :)
I've had my PC for 2 years now and it still runs like a Lion (^^) and it's because I do a Defraggle and a CClean every week ;)

Anyhow, I think Mac's handicaps make up with Windows' (how you like to call it) "Slowness"

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
The problem with Windows is that you need to know how to handle it, with OSX you just use it and it's snappy an stays snappy. No need to clean it, or defrag it.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
The problem with Windows is that you need to know how to handle it, with OSX you just use it and it's snappy an stays snappy. No need to clean it, or defrag it.

It really isn't that hard ;)
Well, I can't judge Mac. Perhaps I'll be a Mac Guy one day :(

Cezz

OMG Member

I still would prefer linux over either OS to be honest... It runs as fast as MacOS, and gives me ulimited control... though linux is certainly not for the faint hearted getting wireless to work etc...

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
My Linux found the wireless just fine. I have been running a dual boot for about four months and use Ubuntu for most things. Occasionally I switch to 7 for an app that I require.

Cezz

OMG Member
My Linux found the wireless just fine. I have been running a dual boot for about four months and use Ubuntu for most things. Occasionally I switch to 7 for an app that I require.

The Linux OS you are running is it 32 or 64 bit??? I have mostly had good success with broadcom wireless cards on 32bit linux... But for the life of me as of yet have not got a single PCI or USB wireless device to work with 64bit...

Rob Fritz

OMG Member
The Linux OS you are running is it 32 or 64 bit??? I have mostly had good success with broadcom wireless cards on 32bit linux... But for the life of me as of yet have not got a single PCI or USB wireless device to work with 64bit...

I am currently running the 32-bit version as the 64 seemed too buggy. I have yet to try it but supposedly, Ubuntu has a good stable version of 11 out now in 64-bit.

Cezz

OMG Member
I am currently running the 32-bit version as the 64 seemed too buggy. I have yet to try it but supposedly, Ubuntu has a good stable version of 11 out now in 64-bit.

I have never really had stability issues running 64bit except the lack of WIC support and the benefits of using 64bit when you have 8GB of RAM is outstanding...

Status
Not open for further replies.