Internet Brands -v- XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
What a read, glad I am not being sued. I would not be able to sleep at night.
Kier and Mike can sleep knowing IB has no real claim so the end result will be a loss of customers from vB to XenForo. I lost all respect for IB when they decided to sue Kier and Mike as its friendly and healthy competition.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Kier and Mike can sleep knowing IB has no real claim so the end result will be a loss of customers from vB to XenForo. I lost all respect for IB when they decided to sue Kier and Mike as its friendly and healthy competition.

Well, I think they worry about the money...
IB can pay all the legal fees nice and easy, but I doubt Mike'n Kier can do it so easy :s

Steven Moore

OMG Member
Well I did some math a while back, lets say out of the 9500 members they have 4500 are paying customers, multiply that by $140 and that is $680,000 which then translates into them not having to worry about legal fees now. LOL

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Well I did some math a while back, lets say out of the 9500 members they have 4500 are paying customers, multiply that by $140 and that is $680,000 which then translates into them not having to worry about legal fees now. LOL

I'm sorry mate, but those numbers are not reliable on ;)
Don't forget there's been a $100 sale too and that there are very, very much licenses sold that way.
Yet they still gotta pay those fees, which they could also be using for food and drink :D

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
They had a year of no income, so total amount minus 3 ppl without a salary but having bills.
then a year of no income until that year income was made, to cover 3 ppl their salaries.
then there are investments, server bills, and other costs involved with running a company.

having whatever is left to cover legal fees, vs a corporation that recently became 640 million dollar richer ..
it's an unfair battle, money always wins, and that's what worries me about corrupt america. corporate bullying doesn't always win, but it wears people out, financially and mentally. bob might sleep just fine, it's just another memo at the office, kier and mike and ashley .. those are three families with the risk of being ruined.

even if they have 650k in pure profit, after paying bills and living life .. if you have to give that away to someone who dries your wallet financially .. what are you going to do next year, expect all those customers to pay again, but this time twice as much? ..

it's not black and white, even if IB wants to believe that.

They have the power to be good people and take a step back, and say 'consider it a warning, dont "actually" infringe on our copyright" .. and just accept there's competition.

Steven Moore

OMG Member
They had a year of no income, so total amount minus 3 ppl without a salary but having bills.
then a year of no income until that year income was made, to cover 3 ppl their salaries.
then there are investments, server bills, and other costs involved with running a company.

having whatever is left to cover legal fees, vs a corporation that recently became 640 million dollar richer ..
it's an unfair battle, money always wins, and that's what worries me about corrupt america. corporate bullying doesn't always win, but it wears people out, financially and mentally. bob might sleep just fine, it's just another memo at the office, kier and mike and ashley .. those are three families with the risk of being ruined.

even if they have 650k in pure profit, after paying bills and living life .. if you have to give that away to someone who dries your wallet financially .. what are you going to do next year, expect all those customers to pay again, but this time twice as much? ..

it's not black and white, even if IB wants to believe that.

They have the power to be good people and take a step back, and say 'consider it a warning, dont "actually" infringe on our copyright" .. and just accept there's competition.
Agreed, even with a sale, they still made quite a bit of money and family is first then comes paying server costs and overhead followed by left over, usually for legal fees. I'm sure they have had a lawyer on retainer since the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.