Maybe I should delete all my music

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
My iTunes is basically the only way I listen to music. And I only do so when I am playing guitar.
And in most cases, finding something in iTunes is as tedious as finding it on youtube. So I do that.

Maybe it's time I consider deleting all my music, "get with the times" and use something like Spotify? (but ads though).

How do you consume your music these days? I mean, on your system, .. on mobile it's a different story.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I only use Spotify now. I still have my music collection but I have not bought a single on iTunes in many many months. Though if I do like a song I will buy it on itunes for the collection..

Floris

Staff member
I only use Spotify now. I still have my music collection but I have not bought a single on iTunes in many many months. Though if I do like a song I will buy it on itunes for the collection..
But the subscription model... but, the ads... there's no middle ground.

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
I listen on CDs, the radio, Spotify, Youtube, iTunes, etc.. basically whatever my mood is and whatever is around and available !

Floris

Staff member
Mistic, I think that's basically the way to do it. Use what you want to listen to, where it's available.
If I get a new system, I think I simply won't install any music, and stop using iTunes. etc.

Iestyn

OMG Member
I listen via Spotify and Apple Music. Listening to music as I type this reply. Sometimes it's easier to use Siri to find songs on Apple Music but that's probably because I'm too lazy to get my phone out of my pocket :)

Floris

Staff member
@Iestyn Have you ever used the Siri feature: "what am I listening to now?"
I am personally terrible with names, and everywhere I go I just keep asking Siri what's playing, just so I can finally put a name to the beat I am hearing over and over again. Every so often I then buy the song (and usually regret my purchase a day later).
When I use it, 50% fail rate by the way, there's not enough music playing long enough, or too many people making noise, or it just doesn't recognize it. I can't say it's a good service.

MikeEdge

OMG Member
I use spotify with premium.. It is well worth the $10.00/mo to not have an ad every 3-5 songs. Been a premium member for about 3 years now and never looked back.

Floris

Staff member
I use spotify with premium.. It is well worth the $10.00/mo to not have an ad every 3-5 songs. Been a premium member for about 3 years now and never looked back.
Three years and no complaints. Maybe I should convert over. Mmm