Music For Sleep

JG2247

OMG Member
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and I thought I would jump right in with a question. Does anyone here use music to help fall asleep?

I have a very hard time falling asleep. I discovered that listening to relaxing music while I am trying to fall asleep helps me actually fall asleep. I put my ear buds in, set my timer for 60 minutes and just enjoy the music. Amazon has tons of playlists to listen to. Last night I fell asleep listening to a "Relaxing Acoustic Guitar" playlist. I don't think I lasted through the first 4 songs.

Anyone else find music helpful for falling asleep?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Rag n' Bone Man - Human
Imagine Dragons - Smoke & Mirrors
The Mission - Neverland
Evanescence - The Open Door
Depends on mood but, yes I love to listen to music.

Or just the radio on quietly.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I tend to get curious about the music and my mind drifts, it tends to keep me awake. But yeah, it also does help at times. What I noticed has helped me more is comfortable good vibe conversations from podcasts. PBS and a few others have some really nice chats between a few people. And it's kinda reminding me of being in the car on the way back home in the back and your parents talk in the front and suddenly you're asleep.

iamonfire

OMG Member
And it's kinda reminding me of being in the car on the way back home in the back and your parents talk in the front and suddenly you're asleep.

That is such a wonderful description, Floris, and I know exactly what you mean! I remember when I was a little girl I would fall asleep to the radio. I lived in a rural area, so the only station I could get at the time was an AM station that had a mix of talk radio and oldies. I remember listening to the announcer's voices as they took callers and it would lull me to sleep.

I don't listen to music to fall asleep, but I do like listening to guided meditations. Like Floris, I can't listen to music because I love it too much. I find myself wanting to hum or sing along, which defeats the purpose.

Floris

Staff member
I am getting better at falling asleep with people talking around me. Which is dangerous, because I have a feeling I might just wake up in a bus one day in Germany.

Floris

Staff member
Thanks, I listened to that today. Worked!

Reactions: Nix