New recipes

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well I sorta did this, I was sure there was a shoulder of lamb in the freezer, and it turns out there was only a leg of lamb, so that was the first change, I got to use olive oil on it, nevermind! I think I should have taken it out of the slow cooker a bit earlier, it tastes okay but wasn't falling off the bone like I hoped.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Maybe it needed longer to cook so it was falling off the bone. When I use the slow cooker it should cook until the meat starts to fall apart...that's how I do it, even for a joint of meat rather than a stew.

I tend to stick to what I know but occasionally I'll find a new recipe and I'll enjoy it. Especially in the Slow Cooker. There are a few slow cooker recipes on Slimming World that are good. Like diet coke chicken and pulled pork.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
No no no no no that last one is RANK o_o:doublefacepalm:

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I need to look up more ideas for the slow cooker, and maybe try and get a better control of the portions

Reactions: Nix

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I bought some pearl barley, anyone know any recipes for it?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I bought some pearl barley, anyone know any recipes for it?
EWE YUCK

My mum used to force us to drink the water and eat it as it cleans your insides out..... she was eviilll

Vloop

Patron
I don't know if this is new for you, but it's totally a Brazilian thing:

* 1 can of condensed milk
* 2 table spoons of butter
* 2 table spoons of chocolate

Stir it all on low fire, past boil, until it gets a harder consistency/texture.

It is Brazilian's favorite sweet. - Careful: It is really sweet!!!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I don't know if this is new for you, but it's totally a Brazilian thing:

* 1 can of condensed milk
* 2 table spoons of butter
* 2 table spoons of chocolate

Stir it all on low fire, past boil, until it gets a harder consistency/texture.

It is Brazilian's favorite sweet. - Careful: It is really sweet!!!
That sounds really sweet indeed, haha, (whispers: i might have to try it)

Going to make a chicken curry in the slow cooker this weekend, usually just make a curry out of the jar, but I'm going to attempt to make one with spices and everything! Well I've found an easy korma recipe on pinterest so we'll see!
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/544161567478469006/
Omgosh, that looks so good. Might have to try this one too.

EWE YUCK

My mum used to force us to drink the water and eat it as it cleans your insides out..... she was eviilll
that.. does.. not.. sound... great... WHAT even. haha Yikes

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Omgosh, that looks so good. Might have to try this one too.

Well I hope it turns out better for you than it did for me, yuck, was going to have it two days in a row but by day two it looked and smelled like cat vomit

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
The BBC good food website is great for recipes, and they are usually already on the Myfitnesspal app as well so I don't have to figure out the nutritional values.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
What else can I bake that's easily to slice and freeze for work?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
What else can I bake that's easily to slice and freeze for work?
Cake...nomnoms
Cookies...more omnoms
Cake and cookies...double nomnoms
lol

Floris

Staff member
Baked Ziti

I want to try this.

And I want to make Shepherds Pie

SpaceKitteh24

OMG Member
Well, the other day, I made my first ever banana nut loaf and it came out pretty good! I wanted to make use of some bananas that were a bit too brown for me to eat, I didn't want to waste them.

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
Well, the other day, I made my first ever banana nut loaf and it came out pretty good! I wanted to make use of some bananas that were a bit too brown for me to eat, I didn't want to waste them.
Love banana loaf nomnoms...
Anything banana is pretty good. Deserts, snacks, banana bread, or banana flavoured smoothies/milkshakes. :)

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
Just rice with corn and every one of the leftovers- with chicken and add gravy. With ribs shredded in little items add items of everything and it's smart. no matter you prepare add plenty of love- that may hump for you and for your family, that is the best ingredient.

Floris

Staff member
Just rice with corn and every one of the leftovers- with chicken and add gravy. With ribs shredded in little items add items of everything and it's smart. no matter you prepare add plenty of love- that may hump for you and for your family, that is the best ingredient.

Oooh, that sounds so yummy.

Right now I am in the kitchen boiling water, I've added a splash of oil and pinch of salt and spices. I am waiting for the boil and then adding some leftover macaroni pasta to it. It's not a lot but I am hoping I can make two portions out of it. So I have pasta tonight with melted cheese on top and a sauce I am making soon. And then again another day.

I have a jar now filled with macaroni pasta but I don't want to open that one just yet.