Quick Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbrown

OMG Member
Aug 29, 2011
Hi, just joined over from Xenforo.com

New to xf but learning quickly. I currently run www.nissan-navara.net so bought an xf license to convert over from PHPBB3.

I'm also using XF for a new forum that I am in the process of launching - www.sportsvideoforum.com. Which is turning into a great way to learn the software.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Jan 1, 2001
Netherlands
mrfloris.com
We can help convert from phpBB to XenForo, pricing is $49 for the first 250k posts, which your site seems to be under. Feel free to start a conversation with me in private if you have more questions about converting.

Have fun posting your questions on the board, we're here to help you learn the product :)

sbrown

OMG Member
Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for the advice, I may be in touch. I'm delaying the change over at the moment while I really get my head around XF before moving a reasonably busy board over.

Also would like to wait for 1.1 to gain some additional functionality the site will benefit from.

Reactions: 1 person

sbrown

OMG Member
Aug 29, 2011
Cheers, it's coming together - just fighting the usual battle for any new forum - content! It's great to see other xf based sites. Loving using it especially coming from phpbb.

sbrown

OMG Member
Aug 29, 2011
Certainly not here for the short haul! I think it will be a while before we convert over fully and even then I don't see the sharing and support ending. I can see great things for xf but as it continues to develop I'm sure there'll be as many questions as ever.

I also think it's great to have somewhere to go 'outside' official xf channels which is more guaranteed to retain impartiality.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.