[Request] IPB v3.0.1 to xenforo [Done]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Bartle

OMG Member
Hi,

I would like to convert my community to xenforo...

I have hidden content mod that hides posts unless a user says "thanks" or unless a user is a premium member then he can bypass the need to say thanks.

Would it be possible to convert over to xenforo and keep the ability to hide certain posts unless a user replys to that thread?

I have just under 5000 posts and 550 members....

Please get back to me about this.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hello Karl and welcome to the site :)

Thank you for your interest in the XenFans Convert Service and yes we support converting from Invision Power Board 3.x to XenForo 1.0.0 Release Candidate 2 via an in-house system.

We have a non-refundable $8 base price. The first 250,000 posts are $27, and $10 for every 250,000 posts thereafter. If for some reason we can't do the import we will refund your money, minus the base price.

Total Posts: 5,000 / Board URL: n/a.

Base price: $ 8.​
Convert Service: $ 27.​
+ Total: USD $ 35.

If you're still interested in this service please let us know, and we can get started. Please note that we desire 50% or 100% payment upfront over PayPal. This offer is valid until 30 days after 14/Feb/11.

The "hide posts until user has clicked on Thanks" add-on for IPB/vBulletin is known to me, but I haven't seen it on XenForo yet. I remember a 'Thank you' flag post, but I don't think it's that extensive, or actually released. I will ask the team members if they've seen anything.

In regards to that import, I doubt even with the supporting add-on that the import script understands the different between a thanked post and not, for each user .. So I can't promise it would show or not.

Additional usergroups is supported by XenForo, such as a premium usergroup. One could make a template conditional that states that if the user is in that usergroup, they can see the posts that isn't the first post. I can imagine this shouldn't be too hard to code into the templates (assuming xf has a helper for secondary usergroups).

All the best,

Karl Bartle

OMG Member
Hi again,

Thanks for the fast reply i will more than likely take you up on the offer but first i need to make sure xenforo will fully meet my needs.

How should i contact you if i wish to proceed?

Floris

Staff member
Hey Karl, you're free to start a new Private Message with me (xenforo calls them PC as in personal conversation). Or just bump this thread with a request to contact you.

Floris

Staff member
I do not have time today to respond, but I have received your PM. Apologies for the delay.

Karl Bartle

OMG Member
No problem hoepfully we can get the transfer started within a few days :) talk soon

Floris

Staff member
That should be possible. I have sent you a personal conversation with additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.