So, what add ons is everyone working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing the two I mentioned elsewhere:

- My username request modification from vBulletin (porting it, and modifying it a little)
- A stop forum spam integration.

Cezz

OMG Member
I have a few on the works, though one that I am paying particular attention to right now is a post via RSS mod.

Myster Dude

Trusted Member
I might be working on one as well soon. The modification seems simplied since XenForo is in its early stages after all.

I was going to mention this in the xenforo.com forums. But without being able to see IP addresses we're kind of limited, no?

XenForo_Model_Ip has several methods to retrieve IPs, I shall be looking into it, but I can probably create a function to find it if need be. Straight from that class:

PHP:
			$ipAddress = (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : false);

Onimua

OMG Member
I've got some things in mind, but at the moment I'm just really trying to get used to the new system before I say I'm committing to any one idea.

SNN_imported

OMG Member
I'm working on EzIRC (slowly but surely) to maximize the usage of the EzIRC product - and lessen the bugs & such from a rush job.

Also making a "Xbox Live integration" for XenForo. At first beta it'll only support registration limitations to Xbox Live Gamertags. But, it is a start. :)

Jethro

OMG Member
Currently working on some Invision import scripts. Egads I need an avatar ...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've got some things in mind, but at the moment I'm just really trying to get used to the new system before I say I'm committing to any one idea.
Demanding examples! :D

One mod I am still working on is an auto installer for xenforo :) It's kinda finished, but works specifically on my box. I just need to make it more dynamic.

./xenforo.sh --file:name --path:here

It checks the user permissions, the files and dirs already there, scans which ones are from xenforo and which ones might be custom.
Unpacks to temp dir after a backup and asks for db details to do a dump, and replaces known xf files with the temp ones, and if there are new files in zip it doesn't know it checks if it exists in that path, if so, asks to overwrite, .. etc. Copies over the config.php file, does the chmod for the right dirs again. And checks if the .htaccess files are in expected place. and pushes everything it does to a upgrade_log file.

A bit buggy atm, but it works. Trying to make the .php version at the same time. So users have an option.

Jethro

OMG Member
Going to dive in and try and make a module for Xen, freebie as it looks to be a learning curve from IPB coding :(

Status
Not open for further replies.