Social Media?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
So do you use social media? If so what do you use and why and what are your favourites to use? How often do you use social media? Or, do you hate it and all forums of; if so then why?

Generally speaking I use Facebook (family and friends), Instagram (online friends), Twitter (online friends), Forums (online & offline friends). I guess my favourite is forums as I can chat to so many different people, make new friends in real life as well as online only, and learn about others interests and hobbies, share music and life. Forums are great I believe even if they are not as popular as 15 years ago, you can still have a great time and waste many hours!

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I use them all! Sporadically, when I remember about them. I barely post on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram anymore. I mainly consume them rather than contribute to them.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Instagram has the highest numbers right now. Twitter is 15% bots and declining fast. Facebook is still the same, and just filled with whatever else already happened on the internet and then powered by strong and undereducated opinions. Tumblr is eh.. there are people who use it. I don't think that Snap is gonna go anywhere anytime soon, but Instagram sure took a bite out of it. And I think Vine is dead now (good). I don't know about things like Twitch etc. I can't stream yet, but I would probably share my explorations there.

Forums? Yes, under a completely different profile. But now I am back here again.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
Tumblr is terrifying! It's like heading into the woods after dark - you know there's a dangerous animal out there, but you're not quite sure what tree it's behind. You'll start on something innocent on Tumblr and one click and you're seeing things you don't have enough eye bleach to ever get rid of :D

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I started this year doing the photo a day challenge on Instagram, did it through Jan and Feb however I've given up now. I realised its a hassle that I really just don't need, and I think a lot of social media is like that.

I do use Pinterest a lot,Twitter I tend to just use during conventions as they do a lot of announcements on there.

Facebook I have a very much love/hate relationship with, I hate how people are on there and how much info they gather on you. However I do love messenger and I do use that a lot! Also it's good for groups and seeing photos of friends that aren't local. I am tempted to deactivate the account and maybe just try and use messenger until I can find a more secure messenger service

Creaky

OMG Member
I use Facebook but keep it to friends and family, also have a page for a couple of websites. Also using twitter for any site I create and a personal one.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've deactivated my Facebook, it's going to be interesting to see how that goes, I waste so much time on that site

Floris

Staff member
I've deactivated my Facebook, it's going to be interesting to see how that goes, I waste so much time on that site
I tried, but every once in a while I get the email "thank you for coming back !" .. and im like, when did i come back?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
o_o

I don't think I could do that to be honest. I have too many family things going on and we need to keep up with each other!

Floris

Staff member
o_o

I don't think I could do that to be honest. I have too many family things going on and we need to keep up with each other!
Plus, you love the drama :P

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Plus, you love the drama :P

LOL To be honest drama can be fun but generally I find it annoying. The main reason for Facebook at the moment is my step sister and her daughter.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Yeah I kept messenger, so I can still keep in contact with people. I wonder how many people will actually notice that I've deactivated it

Shimmer

OMG Member
I find it all annoying, to be honest. I log into Facebook once or twice a week and get aggravated within minutes. Pinterest I use maybe once every other month or so for recipes, but I'm not on there to interact with people, so that one doesn't bug me. I'm a forum junkie at heart, I guess. I feel like forums give me greater control over who I'm going to talk to and about what topics, as opposed to the irritating chick from high school whose Facebook news feed is filled with pictures of her lunch. :rolleyes::)

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've got into the habit of wasting time on Facebook again, might look at deactivating again later on in the year, but it is useful for looking at photos and events.

My phone camera is broke so I don't use Instagram as much now.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well it does technically work, however the lens is so scratched up that everything is blurry