Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Jan 1, 2001
Netherlands
mrfloris.com
Styling your existing theme to get the most out of it

Wether you're using the Default, or a simple-, more advanced-, or otherwise customized style for your xenforo board, you're not done. By far. You can always update it, tweak it, improve upon it, extend it, or simply make it more awesome than you anticipate yourself by hiring a professional xenforo designer.

In this open discussion we're exploring as a community the options you have to extend your style, to match the current season, or perhaps an event, a special day / holiday.

We're looking for hints and tips, perhaps you have a question on how to tweak your style to get the most out of it. Perhaps you're here to help answer those questions. But let's get talking:

Do you customize your existing theme, styling it to do anything special?

Does XenFans.com have an article about how to add a sidebar, for say .. custom content to add season images?

And perhaps there are advanced questions like: Can I use JavaScript to detect which season or month it is, so I can automatically update my theme?

I can already answer the xenfans.com question about the article: Yes, well .. we're working on it - and we expect it to be published in August, stay tuned!

Ok, let's get to it. My pro tip: Don't ignore your theme, it's part of the identity of your site.

If it's summer, compliment it with flowers, sun, other typical images or colours. If it's winter, add a snowman, maybe around Christmas a tree. Below is a sample screenshot of some of the examples of XenFans.com; As inspiration for your own site.

I am curious to hear what you do to your site, or why you don't. And please do participate in the discussion, help others with questions; Or ask a question.

Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 1.50.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.