Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
XenFans.com CSS3 @font-face tweak
version 0.0.1 for XenForo version 1.0.0 beta 2

Description:
This template modification adds a CSS @font-face to your board to make the header 1 titles, which you see under the breadcrumbs, show in fonts otherwise not available - and much more sexy looking.

We're using it here on http://xenfans.com/ and there have been quite a few requests for it, so I've decided to give the non-complicated version :)

Installation:
Download this font "REGULAR" in OTF: http://www.yanone.de/typedesign/kaffeesatz/

Put it in the root dir of where you have xenforo installed

Open the admin.php > appearance > template > public.css and at the bottom add:
CSS:
@font-face { font-family: YanoneKaffeesatz; src: url('YanoneKaffeesatz-Regular.otf'); }
Save the template

Then go to the template PAGE_CONTAINER and find this code:
HTML:
<h1><xen:if is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></h1>
and replace the <h1> tag with:
HTML:
<h1 style="font-family: YanoneKaffeesatz, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 28px">
(in other words: add style="" to the h1 tag)

Save the template.

And, you should be done.

Screenshots:

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 9.26.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 9.26.04 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 9.25.47 PM.png

Miko

OMG Member
Then go to the template PAGE_CONTAINER and find this code:
HTML:
<h1><xen:if is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></h1>
and replace the <h1> tag with:
HTML:
<h1 style="font-family: YanoneKaffeesatz, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 28px">
(in other words: add style="" to the h1 tag)

Nice one Floris!
I just did the same for my forum node categories :)

Only suggestion i have is to not add the inline style and instead use css selector, I have not tested it with your mod by that h1 tag is always in titleBar div so you should be able to add

Code:
.titleBar h1 {
font-family: YanoneKaffeesatz, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 28px;
}

to your css template, without the nedd of editing the page_container.

Floris

Staff member
To be honest, the only reason I did it inline is because I already customized the template and didn't want to customize other templates :p It's still early in the beta of xenforo, and it makes upgrading a bit easier.
After beta 3, with the new style properties and other elements like EXTRA.css and no more footer/header .css etc. upgrading what I have is a lot easier. I am down from 9 templates for the xenfans style to 3 now.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
If you want this to happen without template changes, you can do it by going to
Style Properties -> General -> Page Title

There, fill in the following:
  • Size: 28px
  • Font Family: YanoneKaffeesatz, Helvetica, sans-serif
Now update the style properties and it will work ;)

h1.png

a_legacy_reborn_oth

OMG Member
Has anyone else had any load related issues after putting this up? For some reason when I tried putting this up(on a board a long time ago) it kept taking forever to load the text, it would load the rest of the page and the default text with but then like 3 seconds later the actual text YanoneKaffeesatz would load.

Floris

Staff member
Yeah, a few people have reported issues with this. However, the bigger majority when I ask around mention it loads instantly. I think it's a per os/browser performance issue. It's a modern technology where you're injecting a font-face type.

a_legacy_reborn_oth

OMG Member
Yeah, a few people have reported issues with this. However, the bigger majority when I ask around mention it loads instantly. I think it's a per os/browser performance issue. It's a modern technology where you're injecting a font-face type.
I'm using Win7(sadly although I do switch to Ubuntu sometimes) and FF5, anyway that you know of to make it faster?

Floris

Staff member
It's instant on the Mac, and on XP in Virtualization .. I've yet to reproduce the slowness :/

Status
Not open for further replies.