The excessive body weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlada

OMG Member
I am absolutely sure that my post belongs to the offtopic chat and it will be interesting to many members of the forum. It is as clear as noonday that all of us spend a lot of time in the sitting position near the beloved computer. As a result we are receiving the excessive weight. What do you do to reduce the excessive body weight?

crimson

OMG Member
We'll in my case, I do more exercises than use to and go out more rather than staying in front of the computer but if your job is computer related then do some exercises while working, like lifting weights from time to time.

Spartan

OMG Member
For me I do use a computer a lot at work and home but at work I also do a lot more manual work too. It's very quiet this time of year so I'm not doing as much but during the summer more often than not I go out delivery and have to handball anything from about 2 tonne up to sometimes 10 tonnes a day.

That's my exercise.

jonsidneyb

OMG Member
My weight fluctuates all over the place but my diet stays the same. I have been at 6% body fat and 25% body fat, I have really varied that much. When I wrestled in college I was in the 6% range. When I finished the Appalachian Trail I was down to 7% body fat.

Last year I went on a walk that lasted 9 days on the first day walking almost 24 hours, on the last day I walked 12 hours. I lost two belt sizes. I don't believe in dieting, I have always thought getting active is the best way.

crimson

OMG Member
Nice advice there mate! I can't control what I eat and basically I will try to be more active. My new years resolution I guess? :s

yazmeen

OMG Member
hmmm Sorry to say but I am really a lazy person, its just so difficult for me to force myself to go out and exercise, so I just take my slimming pills and my food supplements. I guess going for shopping or buying my groceries, a little daily walk is enough for me as exercise...:D

Heretic121

OMG Member
Thankfully, I have a high metabolism rate so anything I do eat doesn't "go to my hips". I'm also the only person I know that actually forgets to eat, so I normally only eat one meal a day. These two facts combined mean that I've never had 'excess' body weight :)

vlada

OMG Member
My weight fluctuates all over the place but my diet stays the same. I have been at 6% body fat and 25% body fat, I have really varied that much. When I wrestled in college I was in the 6% range. When I finished the Appalachian Trail I was down to 7% body fat.

Last year I went on a walk that lasted 9 days on the first day walking almost 24 hours, on the last day I walked 12 hours. I lost two belt sizes. I don't believe in dieting, I have always thought getting active is the best way.
Thanks for your post. I am completely agreeing with you. I am not believing in dieting absolutely. I think that even the most prominent nutritionists know nothing about the process of increasing of the body weight.

vlada

OMG Member
Thankfully, I have a high metabolism rate so anything I do eat doesn't "go to my hips". I'm also the only person I know that actually forgets to eat, so I normally only eat one meal a day. These two facts combined mean that I've never had 'excess' body weight :)
I can only say in the answer to your post that you are a very lucky man. I have some friends which are eaten as little as possible but all the same have an excessive weight. I think that their problems have the psychological roots.

vlada

OMG Member
hmmm Sorry to say but I am really a lazy person, its just so difficult for me to force myself to go out and exercise, so I just take my slimming pills and my food supplements. I guess going for shopping or buying my groceries, a little daily walk is enough for me as exercise...:D
Sorry, but I have a very negative experience with Alli slimming pills and since that time I do not believe in such medications. These pills have a disgusting side effects.

vlada

OMG Member
We'll in my case, I do more exercises than use to and go out more rather than staying in front of the computer but if your job is computer related then do some exercises while working, like lifting weights from time to time.
I do believe in the exercises and I do believe that they can help in the process of the weight loss. I think that the most effective exercise for the weight loss is jogging. I think that yoga is very effective also..

vlada

OMG Member
For me I do use a computer a lot at work and home but at work I also do a lot more manual work too. It's very quiet this time of year so I'm not doing as much but during the summer more often than not I go out delivery and have to handball anything from about 2 tonne up to sometimes 10 tonnes a day.

That's my exercise.
Thanks for the interesting post. I would like to admit You are practising an unusual weight loss methodology. But I am absolutely sure that there is no universal methodology for the weight loss.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I think exercise is the key to weight loss along with everything in moderation diet. Exercise is what I need anyway.

yazmeen

OMG Member
Sorry, but I have a very negative experience with Alli slimming pills and since that time I do not believe in such medications. These pills have a disgusting side effects.
I haven't heard of the slimming pills that you used. The pills that I'm using is very effective for me and i've been using it for 4 years now. Am glad I found it, coz now I never worry about my weight anymore. It doesn't have a bad side effect too...:)

Jamie_imported

OMG Member
I generally walk three times a week on a treadmill and really enjoy it. I have seen a treadmill desk or something similar to this, so I plan on building/buying one this spring.

I am moving to another state in January, so it needs to wait until then, but then I should have the best of both worlds.. If I need to settle down and really work on something, I will grab my laptop.. if I am just surfing like right now, I will use the treadmill desk. :)

Jamie

felics

OMG Member
I agree that treadmill is the best option to have an exercise if you are in front of the computer most of the time. And I also believe that exercise and diet should go hand in hand.

crimson

OMG Member
Thread mill? Nice idea. Any idea how much does a regular thread mill cost?

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I'm borderline anorexic, no matter how much i eat, i just can not for the life of me put weight on =[ I can eat, eat and eat, and I just don't put any weight on. I'm well under 7 stone (under 98 pounds) and I just given up trying to put weight on now =[

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I'm borderline anorexic, no matter how much i eat, i just can not for the life of me put weight on =[ I can eat, eat and eat, and I just don't put any weight on. I'm well under 7 stone (under 98 pounds) and I just given up trying to put weight on now =[

Sounds like an over active thyroid you have there... Unfortunately I have an under active one :( oh well.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Sounds like an over active thyroid you have there... Unfortunately I have an under active one :( oh well.

I have lung problems, they dont work well at all, and i guess that if i was bigger and had a lot more weight on it would put cause more breathing problems than i already have now, so i guess there is one upside lol

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I am absolutely sure that my post belongs to the offtopic chat and it will be interesting to many members of the forum. It is as clear as noonday that all of us spend a lot of time in the sitting position near the beloved computer. As a result we are receiving the excessive weight. What do you do to reduce the excessive body weight?

I try to ride my bike at least for a few miles every day, as well as walk around before I sit down behind a computer. And I try to watch what I eat - at most times. If not to loose weight, than to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

But it's not enough, and I should do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.