Things I want to buy, a boring journey of ..

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Exploring New Possibilities: My Wishlist and Seeking Your Advice!

Hey there, fellow forum members! Welcome to my continued "two years journey into buying happiness"

I hope this message provokes you to an exciting discussion ~ I beg you, please participate!

Today, I wanted to share with you some items that have captured my interest recently, and I would greatly appreciate your thoughts, suggestions, and insights. Because I've had lists like this in the past, but never really shared them publicly. I feel "silly" that I get things I perhaps should already have, or buy that others frown upon, or because they're expensive.

Maybe with your help, I can fine-tune this list, decide to not get something, or maybe decide to change a preference I have.

Right, so, how do I afford this? Well, a- I've been saving up offline. b- I've been trying to budget for a few things for the future, and that future is now I guess, and c- after the loss of my parents and that whole ordeal, I now finally have that behind me a bit and a bit of savings to help me enjoy life a bit more. And d- a family member passed away and to my surprise, I get a bit of inheritance from that in the future. It all together allows me to not spend two years in doubt " Should I get this yes/no" and save two years, and then still feel guilty and regret it. I finally have a bit of "choice", and with that, I do use it to buy some happiness with it.

Some purchases will be for a hobby, some to improve the very outdated and old apartment (as an alternative to moving), and some just because I want it. And I envision it contributing to my overall well-being (or at least, I believe it would be a valuable addition to my life).

It's important to note that I'm not just seeking advice on what to buy but also looking for your thoughts on what I should avoid. Your insights will help me make more informed decisions and possibly discover alternatives I might have overlooked.

So, dear friends, I kindly ask for your assistance, suggestions, and knowledge regarding the items I'll list below. Have you encountered any similar products that you highly recommend or that have been disappointing? Do you have any alternative suggestions that align with my interests? Your participation in this thread would mean the world to me and would make this journey all the more exciting.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and contribute to this mind-rambling brain fart of a thought. Your insights and suggestions are highly valued, and I can't wait to gather up my Post-it notes, my Notion pages, and my Notes app scribbles, make a definitive list, and start my little money-spending, item-acquiring adventure with all of you!
  • A coffee cabinet for the kitchen (or where the kitchen meets the living room) of solid wood. I want to create a coffee corner. I want it to be high enough that I can stand in front of it and clean, prep, and make my coffee.
  • Higher quality coffee machine. I want to finally acquire one of those fancy espresso machines like this: https://www.delonghi.com/nl-nl/producten/koffie/halfautomaat/c/manual_espresso_makers
  • Airtight/vacuum coffee bean containers that are small and larger, to store my (specialty) beans.
  • Collection of specialty coffee beans, and sample packages from around the world.
  • TV cabinet for my new TV I got last Black Friday. I want a stand of solid natural wood that's at least 40cm deep, 160 (180) cm wide, and 60cm in height (including the stand). I want to have the TV at a slight angle so I can control the flare/reflection during the daytime. I'm considering a floating solution or mounting it to a cement support wall if needed. https://gewoonsfeervol.nl/
  • A wide two-seater couch for the living room that's not too high in the back but not too low to the floor. I want to be able to get out of it comfortably and lounge to watch two movies in a row. It should be wide enough to accommodate a guest but not too wide to prevent moving a chair from the living room to the balcony.
  • A minimalistic-looking storage cabinet that's not too deep, maybe with two layers, to go behind the couch. It should provide space for decorative items, fake plants, and a dedicated spot for chargers. [mention of a photo on the phone for reference]
  • Wooden bottle storage racks to lay flat in the inherited closet. Each rack should have space for up to 5 bottles, with room on the side to display pitchers, glasses, and cloths. The living room might have a coffee corner, and the darker hallway might have a booze corner.
  • A new and easy-to-clean rug for the computer table, possibly a size bigger than the current one.
  • A rug for the bedroom to add charm and comfort when stepping out of bed. Concerns about the vacuum robot's ability to clean below the bed and the added height need to be addressed.
  • Replacement for the old 2x boxspring bed that matches the new cabinets and wood-themed items in the apartment. A higher mattress with a strong steel frame, wood base/sides, and a cool natural wood bed head design is desired. https://www.mattsleeps.com/nl/metalen-bed
  • Two new bedside tables that are not attached to anything. https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/mercury-row-monterey-1-drawer-bedside-table-u000316280.html
  • Maybe a height-adjustable computer table that is less wide than the current one.
  • A small coffee table for the living room area, matching the wood theme, with steel legs, a wood top, and a simple design without drawers or extra layers.
  • A treadmill with a weight capacity suitable for a tall and overweight individual, preferably not too expensive.
  • Upgrade from iPad Air to an iPad Pro, potentially waiting for the M3 version.
  • Upgrade from iPhone 11 PM to a more modern version, possibly the upcoming 'ultra' version.
  • Consider upgrading the Apple Watch to a more water-resistant and bigger-screen version.
  • Replace the falling-apart iMac with a Mac Mini or Studio with M3 or better, potentially hidden in a storage unit behind the couch or near the computer table.
  • Replace the current cheap 200-euro monitor with a 28" OLED monitor at a reasonable price.
  • Once my bike breaks, I want an e-bike solution. I don't know what to go for. I tried to learn, and tall people like me who are also overweight end up with $2000 ones. So, I dunno... I've seen stuff like this in videos that are used by 190cm tall people, and the bike still looks massive: https://cyrusherbikes.nl/products/ranger, but whatever.
  • Renovate the kitchen, either pick up the conversation with the housing corporation to replace the 20-year-old kitchen or figure out how much my rent will be if they do it but I pay for it (basically). This was brought up on October 22, and that's six months ago.
  • An office chair that is sturdy, wheels don't break, and doesn't use hydraulics to go up and down, but a fixed height, for my tall, heavy body to sit on a lot.
  • I want to figure out, once I can access all the electronics in all the rooms, what my options are for better utilizing the new fuse box and to replace all the light switches and wall sockets with higher quality and certified ones. Maybe have an electrician review and install it, so I don't blow the place up. Maybe it's the right time to see if there are any smart versions out there, so I don't end up plugging things in when I could have had them from the beginning.
  • The living room has a hole in the ceiling for lights, but we have no clue where the switch is, and it's off (we tested), so it's a bit tough to figure out. We will have to do that. I want a smart light there for extra overhead light, but also 2% ambient light at night, whatever.
  • I want to review the doors I have, see if I can fix up the door handles, or find a set of 12 and do all the door handles myself. This will also allow me to make sure each room can be 'locked', which makes me feel more comfortable.
  • I want textured or accent-painted walls here and there, like maybe behind the computer, so it's more separate from the living room without taking up space. Or behind the bed, so it feels cozier and contrasts against planks with stuff on them.
  • The floor has what we call in the Netherlands "splinten," which hide the gap between the floor (planks) and the wall itself. The ones I have are old, stuck on, falling apart, or already missing. At least the top layer is showing wear and tear. I kind of want to look more 'fancy' by installing something new, at least for the living room. Maybe use this opportunity to hide extension cord wires, Ethernet cables, etc. Optionally, it might be cool to have Hue light strips there, so I can have ambient floor lights as well. That way, I can see enough at night, but it isn't a bright light. But when there are people here or when I am cleaning, I can set it to white-100% and see everything on the floor clearly.
  • The same for the ceiling. Those "splinten" could hide the L corner and have LED lights behind them for mood lighting. They can also hide electrical wires or Ethernet cables, making the apartment look more fancy. Optionally, do the same for the bedroom as well.
  • Add an ambient light that syncs with the TV. Choose a high-quality one to ensure there are no latency issues and proper support. As the TV is flat, it's easy to install. Set it at 25% to achieve a cool effect.
  • Install a light strip behind the TV cabinet where the TV sits, so whatever is on the cabinet shows better even when the TV is off.
  • In the kitchen, whether old or new, install bright lights that don't cast shadows because of my body being in front of the light-source. Consider using magnetic or stick-on LED lights that are thin and wide. They can be placed below cupboards or anywhere else needed. They can be off all the time, and a single switch can turn them on. I can use a Hue light switch to control them.
  • The windowsill in the living room is old, not straight, and not deep enough. Consider finding a light-colored pressed wood piece with a sturdy top that looks more natural. It can match the cabinet behind the couch. This piece is called the windowsill.
  • Consider adding a soft/light wood rectangle with lights behind the TV instead of painting the wall. This can create a fancy look.
  • Create a wooden-style wall with the appearance of solid planks that are easy to clean. Additionally, install two sturdy horizontal thick planks to hold kitchen appliances such as a water boiler, kettle, glasses, tea items, and bottles of spices. This way, I can easily see and access them while keeping them out of the way.
  • Obtain a proper Marshall amp for my guitar.
  • Acquire my dream Gibson guitar, regardless of the cost, before turning 50.
  • Find a comfortable way to shield the balcony from the summer sun while still being able to store it away during storms and winter. As someone with albinism, this will allow me to spend more time on the balcony during the summer. Take control of this aspect.
And yes, I know some are wishes that might not come true, or I just can't afford it. But I heard millennials and gen-z say that if you manifest things into exis.. well never mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I asked ChatGPT to make me a list of must-haves, and I hope it will put my brain to work, I will post it here and go through it based on already-have, don't want or need, and 'oh that is a nice idea', or maybe it triggers my brain in another way.. anyway. This 2nd post will clean up over time .. and eventually, the good stuff goes to the first post, and then ill delete this. But my eyes are tired, I haven't even read the results yet haha.

List of suggested must-have items for each of the rooms you mentioned:

Kitchen:
1. High-quality cookware and utensils [working on it, needs a review]
2. Essential kitchen appliances (e.g., refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave) [no real oven, no freezer, I need a new kitchen, sigh]
3. Cutting boards and sharp knives [semi happy with the cutting board I have, happy with the knives, even got a wetstone to sharpen them]
4. Mixing bowls and measuring tools [requires a review, before I put thought into this]
5. Food storage containers [I tried a variety in the last 10 years, and they have more cons than pros, not sure what to do or get]
6. Basic pantry staples (e.g., spices, oils, condiments) [working on it, needs a review]
7. Dish rack and drying mat [don't have these, I find them to be in the way, maybe in the new kitchen?]
8. Trash and recycling bins [I use bin liner, fill it, throw it out, but I guess for guests, it's nice to have a bin]
9. Cleaning supplies (e.g., dish soap, sponges, kitchen towels) [got this sorted, but have old stuff, needs review]
10. Fire extinguisher and smoke detector [sorted, but FE is now few years old, needs review for replacement]
11. Kitchen timer or clock [sorted]
12. Adequate lighting for food preparation [requires serious thinking, like I mentioned, I might get wireless stick on led strips to hang up]

Corridor/Hallway:
1. Functional coat rack or hooks
2. Shoe rack or shoe storage
3. Entryway table or console for keys and small items
4. Umbrella stand or storage
5. Mirror for last-minute appearance checks
6. Adequate lighting for safety and visibility
7. Decorative touches like artwork or plants
8. Storage solutions for bags, backpacks, or briefcases
9. Rug or runner to protect flooring and add warmth
10. Wall-mounted shelves for additional storage
11. Bench or seating area for putting on shoes
12. Adequate ventilation to prevent musty smells

Living Room:
1. Comfortable seating (e.g., couch, armchairs)
2. Coffee table or side tables
3. Entertainment center or TV stand
4. Television and/or audio equipment
5. Lighting options (e.g., floor or table lamps)
6. Cozy blankets and throw pillows
7. Shelving or storage units for books and decor
8. Window coverings for privacy and light control
9. Adequate electrical outlets and surge protectors
10. Decorative elements like artwork or plants
11. Accent rugs or floor cushions
12. Organizational solutions for media and electronics

Computer Room:
1. Ergonomic desk and chair for comfortable work
2. Reliable computer or laptop setup
3. High-speed internet connection
4. Printer and scanner (if needed)
5. Desk organizer or storage for office supplies
6. Cable management solutions
7. Adequate lighting and adjustable desk lamp
8. Whiteboard or bulletin board for notes and reminders
9. Comfortable keyboard and mouse
10. File storage and organization system
11. Good-quality headphones or speakers
12. Personal touches and decor for inspiration

Hobby Room:
1. Worktable or workbench for your specific hobby
2. Storage solutions for hobby supplies and materials
3. Adequate lighting, including task lighting
4. Tools and equipment specific to your hobby
5. Comfortable seating for breaks or relaxation
6. Inspirational or informative artwork or posters
7. Shelving or cabinets for organization
8. Ventilation or air purification if needed for certain hobbies
9. Music player or speakers for background ambiance
10. Easel or dedicated space for painting or drawing
11. Designated space for hobbies requiring a computer or technology
12. Work-in-progress storage and project management system

Storage Room:
1. Shelving or storage units for organization
2. Clear plastic bins or labeled storage boxes
3. Toolset for minor repairs or assembly
4. Vacuum cleaner or broom for cleaning
5. Extra storage for seasonal items
6. Extension cords and power strips
7. Step ladder or step stool for reaching higher shelves
8. Hooks or hangers for hanging items
9. Adequate lighting for visibility
10. Cleaning supplies and solutions
11. Secure storage for valuable or sensitive items
12. Pest control measures, if necessary

Toilet Room:
1. Toilet paper holder and extra rolls of toilet paper.
2. Hand soap dispenser or liquid soap.
3. Hand towel or paper towel dispenser.
4. Air freshener or odor-neutralizing spray.
5. Toilet brush and holder for cleaning.
6. Small waste bin for disposal.
7. Toilet seat cover for hygiene.
8. Plunger for unclogging the toilet.
9. Small shelf or cabinet for storing extra supplies.
10. Toilet bowl cleaner and disinfectant.
11. Mirror for personal grooming.
12. Adequate lighting for visibility.

Bathroom:
1. Shower curtain or glass enclosure.
2. Bath towels and hand towels.
3. Bath mat to prevent slipping.
4. Soap dish or shower caddy.
5. Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
6. Toothbrush holder and toothpaste.
7. Hairdryer or hair styling tools.
8. Toilet paper holder and extra rolls.
9. Bathroom scale for monitoring weight.
10. Trash can for proper disposal.
11. Vanity or countertop for storing personal items.
12. Adequate ventilation or exhaust fan.

Bedroom:
1. Comfortable mattress and pillows.
2. Bedsheets, pillowcases, and blankets.
3. Nightstand or bedside table.
4. Lamp or bedside light for reading.
5. Dresser or wardrobe for storage.
6. Full-length mirror for dressing.
7. Alarm clock or smartphone with an alarm.
8. Clothes hangers and hooks.
9. Laundry basket or hamper.
10. Cozy rug or carpet.
11. Curtains or blinds for privacy.
12. Decorative items like artwork or plants.

Balcony:
  1. Outdoor seating: Invest in comfortable chairs, a cozy sofa, or a small dining set to create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere on your balcony.
  2. Table: A table is essential for outdoor dining, enjoying your morning coffee, or working on your laptop.
  3. Umbrella or shade sail: Install an umbrella or shade sail to provide protection from the sun during hot days.
  4. Plants and flowers: Add greenery and color to your balcony with potted plants, flowers, or even a small herb garden.
  5. Outdoor rug: Lay down an outdoor rug to define the space and add a touch of coziness.
  6. Lighting: Hang string lights or install outdoor wall lights to create a warm and ambient atmosphere during the evenings.
  7. Cushions and pillows: Make your seating area comfortable and inviting with weather-resistant cushions and pillows.
  8. Outdoor storage: Consider getting a weatherproof storage box or shelves to keep items like gardening tools, cushions, or outdoor games organized.
  9. Wind chimes or outdoor speakers: Enhance the ambiance with wind chimes or outdoor speakers to enjoy music or soothing sounds.
  10. BBQ grill or outdoor cooking equipment: If space permits and you enjoy cooking outdoors, consider adding a BBQ grill or portable cooking equipment.
  11. Privacy screen or plant trellis: Install a privacy screen or use plant trellises with climbing plants to create a more secluded and private balcony.
  12. Binoculars or telescope: If you have a nice view from your balcony, consider keeping binoculars or a small telescope to enjoy observing nature or stargazing.

Last edited:

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'd say make à list of priorities, things that will make your life easier and things that you'd like to have but don't need.
Personally a the bed would be number 1, sleep is important and a new bed can help that.

Floris

Staff member
I'd say make à list of priorities, things that will make your life easier and things that you'd like to have but don't need.
Personally a the bed would be number 1, sleep is important and a new bed can help that.
Yeah, but I have also done that, I've always skipped what I just want and don't need, and only got the cheap stuff for the things that I really needed and could not do without. But you are so right, if the bed helps, and I can start by fixing that, then it's a- what I need, but b- also what I want. I can 'fancy up' my bedroom and get something that's lasting me 10+ years at least. If that gives me better rest, maybe other things will fall into place as well.

Okay, I am going by your suggestion and putting "fixing up the bedroom" in the top3 priority list.

I've made a start the other year by finally replacing the mattress. And I made a fix in the last year to paint the wall and clean the room. And I bought some wood shelves to put up. I guess the next step is to sort out the wood around the windows, and clean the curtains. Organize the closets so there's less stuff 'stored' in it. And to fix up the bed itself, get the 2 planks out, paint the wall for the accent, put the planks and posters up, some fake plants, get a new bed when I have the money, and the new side dressers. I will sleep on it, let it sort itself out in my brain, and see what the logical order is here.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to think about the high-priority items for the apartment again like I did last year. Where the focus was on 'let's just finally fix that broken x thing'.

Thank you for thinking along.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

I contacted the store that I want to buy the bedframe from, and it had more info than expected. Which was great. So I've dumped all my pre-sales questions on them. And made a shopping list so I know the total cost now. After a short message with @Nix last night I also feel a bit less guilty about buying an expensive bedframe and the stuff I need for the bedroom.

Thank you two for helping me realize that I should stop fucking around trying to make it work with some cheap things here and there, and just get on with it. I will try to find some cheaper alternatives, but I am pretty set on this for now. And I can budget for it. Maybe after all these years it's time to take the bedroom more seriously and get it sorted for a while. Maybe I have still been kinda weary about putting money into it, afraid that it backfires or it's the wrong choice, etc.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Finally new shoes, haha. They arrived! The first pair wears fine, test the other pair of shoes tomorrow.

I still have to unpack and test the mobile air conditioning unit that arrived.

WayFair informed me they don't deliver to the Netherlands, so I can stop trying to figure that out and find more local places.

Pour-over coffee pot ordered, and a batch of specialty coffee samples. I still haven't found airtight vacuum boxes I like (or can afford).

After reviewing the responses from the bed company, I know more about what I want, and I think I am going to budget for that and try to order that and go with it. They have weeks before they deliver it, and it might even be the end of June before they can come here and install it (Which is fine, it gives me time to organize, clean, and prepare the bedroom better.

Letting this go for now, so I don't start obsessing over things and believing I have to make progress. This is a long-term project and I am fine with that.

Floris

Staff member
@Nix her list

Floris

Staff member
Update: #mrf #coffee

I still cannot find the exact airtight/vacuum 2-dose coffee-bean containers, but for now, these are a good start and they look great (in my opinion).

These thankfully are not too small, and I can open a bag of beans and use what I need, and store away while looking nice. hehe.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot 2023-05-22 at 15.00.37.png
    Screen-Shot 2023-05-22 at 15.00.37.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen-Shot 2023-05-22 at 15.00.46.png
    Screen-Shot 2023-05-22 at 15.00.46.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

Floris

Staff member
Update:

From the other thread:
> The Kitchen Upgrade is going .. not really strong, but it's going. From "I have to really clean this and learn how to keep it clean" to "Now that I am doing that.. it's time to figure out what I have, what I want to use, what I need to fix, what I need to buy, what to put away, etc.". At least, this first step. While waiting for the guy I pay rent to finally reply about the renovation. Which he still hasn't done (I guess I will have to call..)

While there's still loads to do in the whole kitchen, from simple organizing and cleaning to painting and renovation. A small step has been taken in the last couple of years to try and get on top of it. And I finally feel I made that step a daily habit. Even if I feel it's a never-ending cycle,e but everybody has that of course. It's good to see some progress.

At the very least I have something I am happier with and more comfortable with to use on a daily basis.

I had some cutlery that is broken, or that I am simply unhappy with, and I have started to replace and/or complete that. And I have always used the weird bowls I've always had or got for free, and I finally got a few nice plating-bowls that I can use to present food with, or put a salad in. Some plates got replaced with fancy ones for visitors, and I have also figured out what I have too much of, and I've moved that to the other room in a closet where it's presented. It is not shoved into a box in a corner.

• Upgrade from iPad Air to an iPad Pro, potentially waiting for the M3 version.
Done. Updated first post to reflect changes.

I checked out the iPad pro and the m2 chip is rediculous, the screen is fantastic, I don't need the OLED one or M3. This will last me years. Very happy with it.

• I want textured or accent-painted walls here and there, like maybe behind the computer, so it's more separate from the living room without taking up space. Or behind the bed, so it feels cozier and contrasts against planks with stuff on them.
This isn't done, but I've taken the first step. I've already ordered the new bed frame and am now eagerly awaiting the delivery call. I made some space in the room and moved the bed around to prepare for the changes. Additionally, I've stripped and washed the headboard, and I went ahead and got rid of the old bed head. These initial steps will make it much easier to proceed with the next tasks, such as working on the planks and painting.

• Find a comfortable way to shield the balcony from the summer sun while still being able to store it away during storms and winter. As someone with albinism, this will allow me to spend more time on the balcony during the summer. Take control of this aspect.
Not completed, I still have some things I am looking into, but for this summer I got a parasol and a heavy stand, and it has really helped already. It's just annoying having to close it every time there's a day with strong winds.

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
On Discord I've been making todo items for every little thing that keeps coming to my head, so I can slowly work towards big goal things.. and I have linked to this thread, so once in a while I will be able to update things here.

- i've ordered the keyboard i've had my eyes on for a while, with extra keys. I've spent hours trying to listen to sound tests to see which switches I want, I've got extra keys so I can customize it. yay, for the first time in decade, not an apple keyboard. and it's mechanical. has windows and mac support, is also wireless, has backlit, .. and has a small footprint, it's subtle, soft colors. .. i hope I'm going to love it. can't wait for it to arrive.

- the shoes i wanted a second pair of is in stock again, just not my size, so will have to check in august again.

- the 'action cam' has been figured out, spent a week researching and decided on something that' can be used in the rain and water, and small corners, and has magnets to stick to crap. so this will help with certain shots. it arrived. yay.

- air filter . i don't have to replace it, rent ppl will do so, guy will be back with the right size.

Update:

The bedframe arrived and got installed, i just slept on my updated bed! Finally.. another thing I wanted in 2006 to change, I finally could. there's more to this topic, but I can't say that in public. hehe.

EDIT: MERGED POSTS

Last edited:
  • Haha

Floris

Staff member
Update:

For some upcoming projects and biking, I have ordered a few tiny things that help. Of course it adds up quickly. But I am trying.

Hopefully it will be fun for me to do. And hopefully I bike more again as well.

Floris

Staff member
I've decided I am happy with what I have, and won't pursue this anymore. But, if I run into something in the future that's exactly what I want I will just go get it.

>>

• Airtight/vacuum coffee bean containers that are small and larger, to store my (specialty) beans.
  • Collection of specialty coffee beans, and sample packages from around the world.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Got the new frame, i am happy, keeping it.

• Replacement for the old 2x boxspring bed that matches the new cabinets and wood-themed items in the apartment. A higher mattress with a strong steel frame, wood base/sides, and a cool natural wood bed head design is desired. https://www.mattsleeps.com/nl/metalen-bed

Floris

Staff member
Update:

• An office chair that is sturdy, wheels don't break, and doesn't use hydraulics to go up and down, but a fixed height, for my tall, heavy body to sit on a lot.
I finally found the wheels I think I need if I get something and then replace the wheels ..

Floris

Staff member
Can't seem to find certain things, quite frustrating. Thank you Nikki for listening to me rant and figure out how to get over myself.

What did work of course is shiny expensive tech things. Those love to eat my wallet. And so I got some stuff.

Anyway, I also got some security things to improve security in the apartment, I will be working on that, and of course I won't be sharing the details of that in here. But they're both digital and analogue solutions. I already made a start in 2019, improved on it in 2020 and 2021 I tried to complete the information. In 2022 I gathered what was missing and updated it. And now in 2023 I level it up as to what's important, what needs protection, and prepping to talk to insurance very soon.

Floris

Staff member
I am currently prioritizing updating my kitchen, and the cabinets below the sink are next on my list. I need to clean and organize them in a way that won't be a waste of time and money if I decide to renovate the kitchen later.

First, I plan to clean the most important cabinet below the sink. It is currently disorganized, so I will remove everything and clean the wood from top to bottom. Afterward, I will sort through the items, deciding what to throw out and what to keep. I will then split the items I keep into two piles: one for daily use and another for less frequently used items that still need to be stored there. The latter pile will go into a small storage rack that I purchased and assembled. Once I complete this step, I will move on to the other cabinets which contain pot lids and other items that are difficult to store.

To solve this problem, I purchased a rack where the lids can be stored vertically, allowing me to keep them all in one cabinet that is easy to access. I hope that this will make it easier to find what I need and to keep everything organized.