Top Level Domain (TLD) names of 2017

CrayCray

OMG Member
Top Level Domains are the highest level in the Domain Name System (DNS) on the Internet. Finding a solid domain TLD, otherwise known as extensions, is an additional resource for major companies who have been using the 'gold standard' TLDs, such as .COM, .ORG, .NET, and .GOV. These big companies are realizing that they can direct their content at other audiences by changing the TLD. Besides using the TLDs as recruiting tools for new audiences and increasing exposure, the top 10 listed below are an investor's dream.

Top Level Domains that I really like.

.BLOG - this extension is available on a global level and is useful as a dedicated platform for businesses and is an important part of a business strategy.

.APP - the .app domain is used primarily to direct the consumer to a desired application and products.

.DESIGN - the .design extension is used in multiple industries, such as interior design or web design, and is meant to drive the consumer to specific markets that depend on current and expected trends in a changing arena.

.WEB - this TLD offers a new way to explore the Internet since there is no restriction of use by any business or entity when attaching this extension to a domain name.

.MUSIC - this extension is used primarily for the global music industry. The TLD is a safe and ideal means for registration of a verified site which safeguards the property of the music community.

.LAW - the .law domain is used for lawyers or law firms on a global level and is restricted to the legal industry. The .law domain improves access for the consumer since it increases online visibility for the lawyer.

.LEGAL - an ideal TLD for lawyers, forum sites, legal advisors, and use as a vehicle to serve the needs of the legal community.

.CLUB - this domain is available for the general public, not restricted, and used by a variety of professions to improve exposure and is also a popular extension for individuals and also carries a global connotation.

.MOBI - the .mobi extension is ideal for the consumer accessing information on the Internet via a mobile device, such as a phone, since this TLD will provide data which is compatible.

.CHAT - the .chat TLD provides a platform for online discussions around the world and is open to all persons, businesses, and organizations.

We still have the 'gold standard' TLDs, such as .COM, .ORG, .NET, .EDU, and .GOV, however, they have been enhanced or replaced with extensions that now capture a specific targeted audience. They started out as restricted domains but eventually progressed to domains which were available to anyone unlike several of the TLDs discussed above.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
When I need a crazy TLD I go to hover.com and type in what I am looking for. Their page lists a huge load of TLD suggestions that are available and you know the price right away.

CrayCray

OMG Member
Maybe change the URL to this site to something like omg.community. HAHA