Ugh - Lesson Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Cezz and I have learned our lesson... After 6 for him, roughly 4 for me, we spent working through a problem (extending a DataWriter class)... I spent the past hour looking into as to why it didn't seem to be calling Cezz's function, to find out that we were 'extending' the wrong class... So I pinned it on load_class_datawriter event... I was write, just not why. If I'd have searched the freakin' forums, I could have saved us both a bunch of time... A small 6 characters (create) were all that was needed to get the original, perfectly functional code working.

I won't be making that mistake again... so, lesson learned:

SEARCH THE FORUMS WITH BETA SOFTWARE!

Cezz

OMG Member
Totally agree... Not a wasted effort though as now we know that we were not both mad mad crazy people that couldn't see a simple issue but that there was an issue with the core product and now I can continue to create this modification :D...

Lesson Learned, Don't pester innocent people on chat about your problem without first reading the Forums :)

Ohm trust me, I don't mind. lol. It got me messing with more of the files (always learning). Plus, it gave me the insight to check the URL for controller looking for. Not what seems logical at the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.