Wait, Prison Break is back? Whaaat!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9ESD9YGGo

This is too funny, the show kinda became a bit blah in season 4, but okay, I enjoyed the seasons. For what was on tv back then, it was one of the shows I watched.

Okay, fine, I don't expect a lot of season 5, but, times are different, who knows.. right? Giving it a try because why not.

Azhria Lilu

OMG Member
The opening episode got good reviews. Don't think it's airing over here yet (at least I haven't seen it being advertised so far) but Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell bounce off each other so well (they also played together in Legends of Tomorrow, which was fun). They have a natural chemistry. Long story short - I'll likely watch it!

Floris

Staff member
He just has way too much muscle, and starts to talk like Stallone. I am not a fan of that. Too wanna be alpha, but it got him Hollywood roles :P

I haven't had the time yet to watch it. Survivor was on :p (sigh, that sounded so sad haha)

It's cool to hear it got some positive reviews and that the first response isn't "what a joke, why did they try".

Floris

Staff member
Finished watching the first couple of episodes. And I have to say, it feels quite like the show did in it's first season. We're promised they will go above and beyond and be more like a movie than a tv show. But we are so used to mega quality like Fargo season 2 and Breaking Bad, that we are spoiled. This feels like a tv show to me. It has the character build up, the confusion, the build up to plot and the three story lines. It's nothing special, but I sure do like watching it - if not only because I enjoyed s01 so much. One thing I noticed is that the characters don't feel or come across like they've aged. They are hiding it well, and it's nice that they're all back too.

The "this is your only option" that shows like 24 always had (yes, Jack, your only option, 15 times in 1 episode..) is a bit strong, but I can get over that.

Halfway through episode 3 now and I felt I had to come here and share my experience a little bit.

The wiki has a lot more, but this is at least my personal experience. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_Break_(season_5)
That said, I can also see why a lot of people wouldn't care one bit.

Floris

Staff member
I am up to date! The desert escape episode was pretty good. Go watch it ;)