What do you think is unique in Xen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer X

OMG Member
There are a lot of forums out there. Phpbb, vbullettin, etc etc, so for a new software to get some attention, it is important to have something unique in it?? What you guys think is unique in Xen forums?? Share your views here...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Good question. Personally I think the social interaction is really thought through and unique to XenForo, and done well. It provokes users to keep an eye on friends, and stay up to date, follow new people and like positive content. It creates a better mood than some other forums seem to be unable to do. Well, .. it helps.

Spartan

OMG Member
For me it has to be how sleek XenForo is.

Not just in looks but how it runs too.

Blandt

OMG Member
Yes How it runs .. MVC

Easy to update and code for, there is just that little learning curve. I'm awaiting the API, that should save us time

Floris

Staff member
Yes How it runs .. MVC

Easy to update and code for, there is just that little learning curve. I'm awaiting the API, that should save us time
Yeah, oh and Ben, if you have any tips for coders, or some guides/tutorials you can share (as small or big as they are) feel free to post them on xenfans here, that would be awesome.

Blandt

OMG Member
Yeah, oh and Ben, if you have any tips for coders, or some guides/tutorials you can share (as small or big as they are) feel free to post them on xenfans here, that would be awesome.
Yes sir... we'll do. ;) As I will need some help myself too.

Blandt

OMG Member
Floris,
Are you planning to make sections for xenfan ?
styles and templates
Server configuration with subsections for Apache / nginx / IIS / cherokee ...etc ..
Mods

Or are you just going to keep it the way it is ....

Floris

Staff member
Floris,
Are you planning to make sections for xenfan ?
styles and templates
Server configuration with subsections for Apache / nginx / IIS / cherokee ...etc ..
Mods

Or are you just going to keep it the way it is ....

Yep - but we're slowly building it up and waiting for feedback like yours :) Today we've split resources into resources / releases, and in the next few days we will re-organize that a tiny bit to support other releases. Baby steps :)

Floris

Staff member
Yes sir... we'll do. ;) As I will need some help myself too.
That is the beauty of xenfans on top of xenforo, there and here, we can have discussions that helps everybody. If we all chip in, we all win :)

Onimua

OMG Member
I think I'm getting into a habit of signing up and posting on forums that have XF installed. :p

Myster Dude

Trusted Member
WELL now..... may I have to stick my review for XenForo, okay here is my HUGE list:

• Alerts! This is a very usefull tool for members and staff members. Its great for staff, because they respond on the Feedback forum, they can instantly find out if that person needs further assistance etc.
  • PM's! This has really gone far for PMing since it has its own unique structure. It makes it easier for one user to track its PM's much easier (via Inbox on Tab.)
  • Ajax and Javascripting! The Ajax is incredibly remarkable, its all over the board. Javascript has just made it sexier with it's slick pop-ups on quick profile veiwing and alerts.
  • Unqiue Moderation! The system allows moderation just a whole lot easier to resolve issues. It works like a ticket, if one moderator responds to it first, he/she can take it for them selves to resolve the issue.
  • Modern Works! The first beta release was suprisingly no all screwed up unlike other boards were. Little no bugs were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.