What reminders do we need to stay motivated?

SaadAkbar

OMG Member
Having visuals/pictures and cues helps in reminding what is that you want to do and don't want.For example if a person wants to build muscles/Body he should have pictures of bodybuilder on his wall that will motivate him to build like ones.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Having visuals/pictures and cues helps in reminding what is that you want to do and don't want.For example if a person wants to build muscles/Body he should have pictures of bodybuilder on his wall that will motivate him to build like ones.
I am a todo list kinda guy. I have a sheet of paper for almost everything I do, including motivators.

Making a wishlist is something I enjoy doing. Combining the two gives me purpose a bit I guess.

I take note of what I wish I had, I take note of what I can get, and I make todo items for things that have to get done today, tomorrow, and what I can do to achieve big goals like things I can't even ever achieve.

And no, it's not that bad, I forget about my lists constantly. But it's fun to pick them up once in a while and realise that I can mark checkboxes and complete a todo item. And suddenly, I realise I am 50% closer to bigger goals.

I catch myself browsing websites and making shopping or wish lists of what i want. It shows me what I can dream about I guess, but it also reminds me how expensive things are. And months later when I look at the list I might have a different opinion. So that makes me fin dout i didn't really want or need it after all. So when I do buy something it's much more satisfying as I know I really wanted or needed it.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
For me I am a huge list person. I can't remember everything I need or want to do so I make lists. Everything from Daily chores See here!!
to lists on weight loss as I am trying to shift some, although this year it's going very slowly. I also look at photos of where I have been, where I'm at now and what I was...as a motivator to lose weight.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Friends saying they're also going through a list and you are just mentally supporting eachother. Really helps

Reactions: Nix