Wordpress thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenious

OMG Member
When I update my site I will be turning hard-coded sections into Wordpress and the vB forum into xenForo.

I like the look of Wordpress and have found a theme that looks nice.

I don't need full integration really, as my articles will be informational and it doesn't matter too much if people cannot comment on them.

But I wondered what the current options are for integrating the two, it would be a nice bonus if people who are forum members can leave comments in the Wordpress articles. Also if selected forum members can be given permissions to write articles. So I think this means I need a "bridge"?

felics

OMG Member
This is a very interesting idea but I am highly doubtful if it would be realized. What you mean is that forum members can be given permission to write and submit articles, is that it?

Ingenious

OMG Member
Yes - so registered forum members can also log into the main site (running WP) and leave comments, or if their permission was high enough, write articles.

However after looking into this a bit more, it's clear the simplest and easiest thing is to keep the site and forum independent, and just style the forum to look like the WP theme. I'm keen to avoid lots of pain later on if I update a highly customised or integrated forum.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Have you considered the option of xenforo's "pages" node?

Hescominsoon

OMG Member
I've looked at that but it's not a full functioned as as WP is. There's already a login integrator in beta on the XF forums.

Weiyan

OMG Member
I tested the wp bridge. You can map user group in xf to the wp. I don't use this option since wp cannot handle Chinese user name. Keeping updating of xf make you tire enough. If need a cms, pay for contentteller save alot of your time.

The recent xportal has an article plugin link to a forum node. If there is a content template for the article forum, then thread look like wp article.

Keep things simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.