XenForo Favorite Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
So I was wondering, can you mark discussions as a favorite? How are you keeping track of the important ones to you?

Personally I would really like to have the ability to Screen shot 2011-07-06 at 1.28.24 PM.png star a discussion in the top right. Just because I want to reference it again later, see it in my profile as a favorite, or just because it's so good it deserves a star (so I can share it with others within the community itself).

This feature isn't available in 1.0 of XenForo, not by default at least. And I am just thinking about it, how can you mark a discussion a discussion right now? Do you use your browser's bookmark feature? Do you just click [watch] so it's in your stream, or do you perhaps write down the threadid on a piece of paper?

Some people might write it down, but losing track. Or perhaps use a folder system with links to threads, or a text document. But it's obviously no ideal. A XenForo "xMarks" System (add-on product) or just as a default feature, would be really nice.

I am looking for tips, and your opinion.

Screen shot 2011-07-06 at 5.05.17 PM.png

Please note that my friend Grover has published a feature request for something like this on XenForo.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I normally write it down on a piece of paper...lame I know...

A way of staring the threads within XF would be great :)

ragtek

OMG Member
I have a dynamic script on my webhost, where i manage the "bookmarks"

There was a nice firefox add-on which shared the bookmarks on all your computers, but AFAIK that's not available anymore, that's why i had to code the dynamic script^^

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I use xmarks as plugin to sync it on tablets/phones/computers, it's great. But it's not ideal for a few threads on various communities.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Personally I don't bookmark or anything like that. I always have a XenFans tab open, I visit so regularly that the topics I reply to are usually top of the list. Although if there's something really interested or really important that I want to reffer back to, I just drag the URL to the desktop :) I try to keep my bookmarks tidy and clutter free you see, plus I find it easier to put it on my desktop because it's staring me in the face every time I go to the desktop :)

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
like the post starter and come back to it later via "Mikey (user tab) -> Recent Activity (profile tab) -> Mikey liked XenForo Favorite Discussions"

CurveGotti

OMG Member
So I was wondering, can you mark discussions as a favorite? How are you keeping track of the important ones to you?

It is unfortunate that such a feature does not exist yet, what I usually do is set up specific folders for the forums that I frequent and then book mark them in there, then I use book mark tags to try and use relevant terms for the specific topic. It works great for a while, but the more you get the more cluttered things become and the harder it is to find a specific topic you want to review. Hopefully in the near future a better way to accomplish this can be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.