A few questions about your IPB to xF conversion services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie_imported

OMG Member
I am currently running IPB 3.1.2 and would like to convert to xF. I also have a IPB site running 3.0.5 (can be upgraded if needed) that I would like to convert.

I am wondering if it's possible to convert both sites and merge them together into one xF community?

If this is possible can you tell me what this will cost? The price of two conversions? More because of the merge? Is there anything I should be aware of with the thought of merging two communities?

Thanks in advance!

Jamie

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yeah, having 2x IPB 3.1.2 converts into XenForo is possible (perhaps upgrade the other one first).

How big are the two communities? And can you provide the .sql dump of both (not now, but when we move along with things).

Do you already have a XenForo instance running or can we do a fresh install and convert the IPB to it, and give you back the xenforo .sql

Please note that we had less than positive experience with importing the attachments as I simply don't quite understand how they're stored - can't promise you that we can import those - if they're not in the database of IPB the changes are much higher we have successful import.

With a bit more info I can give you a pricing. Nothing is set in stone until you say: Ok, let's do this.

Jamie_imported

OMG Member
Yeah, having 2x IPB 3.1.2 converts into XenForo is possible (perhaps upgrade the other one first).

I can upgrade that other site without a problem.. I just haven't from laziness.. :) So both sites will be running 3.1.2

How big are the two communities? And can you provide the .sql dump of both (not now, but when we move along with things).

Not large..

Site one:
Total Posts: 20,160
Members: 160

Site two:
Total Posts: 13,363
Members: 324

Do you already have a XenForo instance running or can we do a fresh install and convert the IPB to it, and give you back the xenforo .sql

I have a test site running, but have only been playing.. this can be deleted and started with a fresh install if you would rather.

Please note that we had less than positive experience with importing the attachments as I simply don't quite understand how they're stored - can't promise you that we can import those - if they're not in the database of IPB the changes are much higher we have successful import.

I think I understand what you're referring to, but can you clarify what kind of attachments you're talking about?
With a bit more info I can give you a pricing. Nothing is set in stone until you say: Ok, let's do this.

Thanks!

Jamie

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Hey Jamie,

Thank you for the additional information. I've created a personal conversation with you where we can continue this talk.

We appreciate you're interested in getting help converting to XenForo.

Status
Not open for further replies.