About Us Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simone_imported

OMG Member
Not that many forums have an about us page and am just wondering if there any advantages to it?

When I visit a web site for the first time and it interests me, I always look at the about us page. For me, it puts a story behind the website.

With forums, I am not so sure if this is the case. It certainly would make the site feel a bit more personal but I am not sure if it is a good idea.

What are your thoughts on this?

imported_Brian

OMG Member
Different visitors are interested in different types of information. One of the first and most elementary pieces of information that your visitors are looking for is who you are and how you came to be where you are at this point. Take our site for example. Our “About Us” page is an excellent way to communicate to our visitors who we are and to give them the confidence to understand that we and our forums possess the skills and experience that they need to be able to solve their particular problems.

There are many different types of visitor who check out your “About Us” page. There are first-time visitors, regular visitors, people who want to share a relationship with you and work with you and potential customers. With every type of visitor to your website, you want to be able to offer enough informative and useful information to persuade them to establish a much stronger connection with you and your business (such as becoming a fan, user, or customer).

So, it all depends what type of forum you're running. A fanboy forum that provide services like us or just a normal hobby forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.