Adding BBcode - Displaying images based on id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeathy

OMG Member
I am new to Xenforo and have only used it within my Minecraft community. I am trying to understand how to make something for my admin. The goal is to make bbcode where you can type something like...

[item]ID[/item] and the result would be an image displayed for the id you entered. So if you enter 112, you would get image 112.

However, I am having trouble understanding how bbcode works with Xenforo. My primary experience with forum administration has been with phpBB and honestly, Xenforo seems daunting. I only tinkered with a demo admin panel but I couldn't find anything about bbcode.

If someone experienced with bbcode could help explain how to accomplish my goal, I do plan to share this with the public and I would be happy to mention you wherever I do share it.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
You could use KingKovifor's BBCode Manager (which is an add-on) and create the custom BBCode using that..

Something like the attached?

You'd basically have to import that into a copy of xenforo, with the bbcode manager installed.. and to use it you could go [mcid]1[/mcid] and it'd show a picture of stone (provided that the stone image was called 1.png and that that image is in /styles/bbcode/mc-ids/ on your website..

Could also work with words.. you could do [mcid]stone[/mcid] and it'll try to find the stone.png inside /styles/bbcode/mc-ids/

Attachments

• bbcode_mcid.zip
    531 bytes · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.