[Addon] BBCode Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, I'm extremely proud to announce the immediate release of v1.2, the next generation, Xen-Powerful version of BB Code Manager! What does this mean for you? Well, the add-on comes with 5 custom BB Codes by default:
  • Header ([h2][/h2])
  • Float ([float="right/left/middle"][/float])
  • Spoiler ( OR )
  • User (Username OR [user]Username[/user])
  • Flash ([flash="width, height"]movieURL[/flash] OR [flash]movieURL[/flash])
What's new in v1.2?
  1. Powerful new options that expose all of the options available via PHP (would have required the author to follow my guide, rather than use this).
  2. Support for an arbitrary number of options, with the ability to reuse them through a new "advanced options" set up that will find and replace strings in the following format {1}, {2}, {3}, etc. where each number represents that particular options.
  3. A new, standardized way for those who use PHP callback to use multiple parameters (such as the spoiler and flash BB codes).
  4. An import, export system! Now, its easier than ever to share your creations via an easy to use import and export system that is modeled after the add-on import system, so it should be familiar to all of you. There is a BB Code repository collection started here:http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bb-code-manager-bb-code-xml-repository.8470/
  5. And of course, there is the required bug fixes in each update!
And of course, you can still do all the same things as v1.1... you can easily add you're own Custom BB Codes via an easy to understand, very XenForo-esqu manager in the ACP (found along with Media BB Code Sites set up & Smilies). This allows you to see your codes, search your codes, enable, disable, add, edit, delete.

But, just to be sure that you're users know all about your codes, v1.1 integrates with the BB Code Help page to show any & all active Custom BB Codes.

And, there are only 2 known problems:
  1. If you attempt to add a new BB Code, and set the tag as one previously added, it will overwrite the previous tag rather than rejecting this. Be very careful when adding tags. This will be fixed in v1.1.1 soon.
  2. There is no editor integration until I solve that one.
And, as if this simple system was powerful enough, if you have knowledge with PHP you can set a tag to have a PHP Callback (Spoiler, Flash, and User all use this), which allows you access to all of XenForo, and more power things that even I haven't thought of!

Now, how do we get this installed / updated?

Installation Instructions
  1. Upload the /KingK/ directory to your /library/ directory if you don't already have a /KingK/ directory. If you do, upload the BbCodeManager directory to your /library/KingK/ directory. (Note: just upload /KingK/, nobody should have it already!)
  2. Install add-on XML which is located within the /KingK/BbCodeManager/ directory.
  3. Edit the template help_bb_codes and add the following right before the final </ul>:
    HTML:
    	<xen:include template="help_custom_bbcodes" />
  4. Enjoy!
Upgrade Instructions
  1. Upload the new files.
  2. Import XML located in the /KingK/BbCodeManager/ directory.
  3. If you modified help_custom_bbcodes, please revert or merge changes.
  4. Enjoy the new features!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• BBCM (Fixed).zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 114

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Excellent! You threw this together rather quickly. I can imagine quite a few people might be interested in this. I've tweeted about it.

Excellent! You threw this together rather quickly. I can imagine quite a few people might be interested in this. I've tweeted about it.
Thanks! I'm getting together a comprehensive "BB Code PHP" article for someone over at Xenforo.com, but this'll shape up beyond just the three codes I have now.

Floris

Staff member
I really would not mind paying you $15 to have a proper full fledged BBCode manager so I can add custom BBcode tags like [header] or [floris=x] stuff .. That is, if there's no bbcode manager being included by xenforo limited in version 1.0.x

If there's a XenForo official one released, I'll write an importer for this -> that, because I don't want to duplicate stuff. I can add the header quickly if you'd like (I'm working on a bug fix than I'll get the actual manager part done).

Floris

Staff member
Uhm, shame it doesn't find
and that button text is needed :/
None of the tags on my site use button text. Maybe it can do "if it is empty, set button text to spoiler" ?

Uhm, shame it doesn't find
and that button text is needed :/
None of the tags on my site use button text. Maybe it can do "if it is empty, set button text to spoiler" ?

I am rewriting how this renders spoiler, to fix a bug, and I may or may not rewrite it to allow it to use a XenForo button.

Floris

Staff member
Any issues with Beta 5? I am considering installing this on XenFans once we upgrade to Beta 5 this weekend.

Andrea Marucci

Premium Member
Ok typical Newbie question. Where in the admin can I import/export the codes I've found in the XML repository? I've not found any suitable menu option...
rolleyes.png

Status
Not open for further replies.