Adium Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
As many of you know, I'm on a Mac, and I use Adium for MSN, AIM etc.

Recently I've been getting this pop up box appear every time I login use Adium:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/692/cmcapture1.png

I've added Adium to the list of programs that are allowed by the firewall, but for some reason I keep getting this error. I contacted Apple support earlier about this issue, but they told me to remove and re-install, which I've done.

If I install Adium with no add-ons, everything works fine, but as soon as I add an addon or style, it gives me this error. I know some of you may think "don't install addons then" but I use them a lot, so I'm just wondering if any of you mac and Adium users out there can point me in the right direction or help me out :)

Kind Regards
Stormraven.

CurveGotti

OMG Member
If I am not mistaken when you allow the system to accept connections through the firewall for a certain program on a mac it assigns it a specific digital signature, that changes anytime the program is modified. Therefore when you are adding addons to the program it would alter that digital signature, you may need to go to System Prefs -> Security -> Firewall and remove adium from the list then manually add it again. Though I think you would accomplish the same thing by just accepting to allow connections when the popup appears again. Also the popup will most likely return anytime Adium does an auto update.

Status
Not open for further replies.