Allow the "Message is deleted by X placeholder" to Everyone (Not just staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent_imported

Trusted Member
Hello,

If you want to show this message (There's a fix for the "Show" button too ;) )
placeholder.png

To everyone, not just the Moderators and Administrators, then this can be done by editing one line of code ;)

Go to /library/XenFor:wave:Model/Post.php and change
Code:
'deleted' => XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission($nodePermissions, 'viewDeleted'),
to

Code:
'deleted' => true,

Now, everyone will be able to see the message I posted above + they will be able to click the "Show" button and view the post. I personally don't want them to be able to view the post, so I changed, in the template post_deleted_placeholder, this line of code:

Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads/show-posts, $thread, 'post_id={$post.post_id}'}" class="MessageLoader control item show" data-messageSelector="#post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span>{xen:phrase show}</a>
to

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.canInlineMod}"><a href="{xen:link threads/show-posts, $thread, 'post_id={$post.post_id}'}" class="MessageLoader control item show" data-messageSelector="#post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span>{xen:phrase show}</a></xen:if>

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Nice little edit, but when I soft delete something, it's done for the reason that it's either spam, or I don't want other members of the community to see it. I wouldn't even want my members to see the soft delete message, even if they couldn't see the actual post. Personally I can't really see any use for this IMHO. Although I'm sure this will be of use to some members :)

Status
Not open for further replies.