Almost Spring, it's hiking time.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Take a hike!

But yeah, I just ordered some shoes online and I hope I can pick them up from the store soon and that they fit. I am picky about shoes, and if I get a pair that works, I wear them until I should be ashamed of them. Unlike girls who seem to buy shoes every month or so, I basically buy one pair and they last me a few years. Sure, I got a few more pairs of shoes, but they are like fancy shoes, certainly not for hiking.

And that's what I want to do. I want to take walk and hike this beautiful country side in the early Spring mornings and slowly get used to a certain distance and frequency.

My bike needs a bit of a fixing, but after that is done the weather should also be less cold in the early mornings. And I can ride it to the local little forests and parks and go for a little walk.

I have enough reasons that I won't do 20 mile rides and hikes, it's honestly nothing impressive. But it will do me good to break away from tech and find a bit of zen by simply clearing my head walking and enjoying nature. There is a rumor it's also sorta good for your health to walk frequently, so I will put that to the test as well.

For now, I am excited about my new shoes and I hope they fit. Ugh, I am already scared of blisters.

Floris

Staff member
The first lair of shoes arrived. Going to pick up the second pair in a bit. Hopefully one of them fits really well and i can go start walking and hiking and jogging and regretting my decisions

Floris

Staff member
I have been wearing the shoes, and they are almost perfect. A few little things if I have to nitpick. The Adidas are a winner right now. Tomorrow I will be wearing the Nike for a day and just see how that goes. TOUGH. I am considering just ignoring that I don't have the money for both, and I might end up keeping both.