Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Almost Spring, it's hiking time.

Discussion in 'The Sports Bar' started by Floris, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Take a hike!

But yeah, I just ordered some shoes online and I hope I can pick them up from the store soon and that they fit. I am picky about shoes, and if I get a pair that works, I wear them until I should be ashamed of them. Unlike girls who seem to buy shoes every month or so, I basically buy one pair and they last me a few years. Sure, I got a few more pairs of shoes, but they are like fancy shoes, certainly not for hiking.

And that's what I want to do. I want to take walk and hike this beautiful country side in the early Spring mornings and slowly get used to a certain distance and frequency.

My bike needs a bit of a fixing, but after that is done the weather should also be less cold in the early mornings. And I can ride it to the local little forests and parks and go for a little walk.

I have enough reasons that I won't do 20 mile rides and hikes, it's honestly nothing impressive. But it will do me good to break away from tech and find a bit of zen by simply clearing my head walking and enjoying nature. There is a rumor it's also sorta good for your health to walk frequently, so I will put that to the test as well.

For now, I am excited about my new shoes and I hope they fit. Ugh, I am already scared of blisters.

2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    The first lair of shoes arrived. Going to pick up the second pair in a bit. Hopefully one of them fits really well and i can go start walking and hiking and jogging and regretting my decisions

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I have been wearing the shoes, and they are almost perfect. A few little things if I have to nitpick. The Adidas are a winner right now. Tomorrow I will be wearing the Nike for a day and just see how that goes. TOUGH. I am considering just ignoring that I don't have the money for both, and I might end up keeping both.