Another IDE: PhpStorm by JetBrains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmnkhhn

OMG Member
Hey guys!

Floris already recommended Ecplise PDT and I have something else for you.

For some time now I am succesfully working with PhpStorm, both at work (mainly TYPO3 extension development) and at home (XenForo ;)).

The most important information for most of you guys first: PhpStorm is not free software.

BUT you can take part in their EAP (early access programm) and use PhpStorm 2.* for free.

You can download the most recent version from here: http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/WI/Web+IDE+EAP
The license is valid for 45 days, then simply download a newer release and you are good to go.

The main reasons why we love it (amongst others): It's lightweight and it's fast. :)

The latest build is only a few hours old and it fixed some nasty bugs. Get it and have some fun. :)

btw. this is a part of my custom attachment handler, the permission part is not quite working. :-D

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-11-03 um 20.08.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-11-03 um 20.08.51.png
    376 KB · Views: 16

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
phpstorm is pretty good. I have been browsing their site for a bit the other week and learned quite a few things. I've got it on my mac pro, while eclipse pdt is on the imac.

All in all it's so much to learn - but the simpler PHP coding things now seem a lot easier for me.

Anyway, thanks for posting dh :D

Stormraven

Trusted Member
phpstorm is pretty good. I have been browsing their site for a bit the other week and learned quite a few things. I've got it on my mac pro, while eclipse pdt is on the imac.

All in all it's so much to learn - but the simpler PHP coding things now seem a lot easier for me.

Anyway, thanks for posting dh :D

I thought you'd be the type of person to use Zend Studio over Eclipse pdt or phpstorm.

I've got Zend Studio on my iMac, I've taken a look at eclipse pdt but it's almost identical to eclipse, apart from the fact that one is free and the other is paid lol.

I've also got Textmate and coda.

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer one over the other? :)

Robbo_imported

OMG Member
I have yet to come across an IDE that does everything well. If I'm ever rich I'll pay for a company to make one that is actually good in all areas.

ragtek

OMG Member
I have yet to come across an IDE that does everything well. If I'm ever rich I'll pay for a company to make one that is actually good in all areas.
NetBeans + own Extensions =>Your own IDE which makes everything what you need/want^^

Robbo_imported

OMG Member
Built on Java = slow. I shouldn't need extensions to do what is needed, I want an IDE that I can use straight away on any platform. Not an IDE that gives me the option to make it into the IDE I want.

Feel free to give me any IDE to tell you why it isn't good at everything it needs to be good at. I have probably already tried it.

I use komodo ide atm because it is basically my last option. Oneday I hope to see a good PHP IDE or make my own.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I use phpDesigner on windows. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.