Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Anyone else switch to Linux?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk & Web Things' started by SpaceKitteh24, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SpaceKitteh24

SpaceKitteh24 OMG Member

I am very private oriented and I really can't say I ever fully trusted Windows. I am not an Apple fan either. I made the switch to Linux a few years ago and at first, I didn't like it but once I got used to it, I prefer it. I dual-boot my PC so I can have access to Windows 10 still for gaming and I can't stand Windows 10 anymore. Very happy I changed.

Has anyone else switched to Linux from Windows or Apple?

2. EagleEye

EagleEye OMG Member

I dual boot. Linux (Linux mint) is much better to develop on for me.

3. BigDave

BigDave OMG Member

I haven't switched outright to Linux, but I have installed a few distros on a few PCs. I have Ubuntu on a desktop and two laptops. The desktop and first laptop are very old. But I'm using the second one to post this response now. Other than that, on my really old PC, I had kubuntu and xubuntu installed for a while. Xubuntu is better for older PCs. I also used puppy linux at one point and have a retropi style os on my retro pi. But I think it's built around linux anyway.

But yeah, Linux is becoming more useful these days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice