Are you a smoker?

Phillip

OMG Member
Alright, so I know I had a hard life and such... But face it, everyone does it now and again. I became a smoker (cigarettes) when I just turned 20...I've been smoking on and off for about 8 years now I have already had cancer within my lymph nodes but it was the serious kind of cancer...

I'm working on quitting again this week and I want some more tips on quitting...I have one pack left, there is twenty individual cigarettes inside the pack...I'm thinking maybe every three to four hours.

But I'm not too sure on how to keep myself from buying another pack, cause it's usually tempting to do so.

Any advice on this matter?

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
My assistant manager at work quit smoking after 40 years and has been a none smoker for the last 2 years. What she said worked for her is to just stop. Don't say you are trying to quit because trying only gets you so far. If you are just "trying" you won't feel as bad when you go back. Just quit. Start calling yourself a non smoker and stick with it!
If you get tempted just repeat to yourself, "I am a non smoker". It might psychologically help which is what most people need. Anytime anyone asks you to have a smoke or your tempted to buy a pack just remember "I am a non smoker". Stand in front of your mirror and repeat this saying till it rolls off your tongue. Let this saying become your life motto almost.

I would recommend not buying any of those nicotine pills, patches, etc. they will just make you tempted to buy cigarettes again because you'll still have that nicotine in your system. Also DO NOT VAPE! It allows moisture to become stuck in your lungs which is incredibly bad for you.

Another way to keep that temptation at bay. Try sunflower seeds, bubble gum. Anything to keep your mouth or fingers busy and distracted. Some people smoke because they are bored and need a distraction.

Most habits can be broken after 21 days. You might find it will become easily after 21 days to forget about smoking. After 21 days you will be able to breath better, smell better, and most food will start to taste better also. No more airplane food taste! Anytime you feel tempted, put the money you'll use to buy cigarettees in a jar. You will be amazed how much money you'll have that could be used towards hobbies, paying bills, or buying that fancy sport car you always wanted(admit it! You have it picked out already)

Hopefully any of this helps! I know lots of smokers and non smokers from working at a local gas station. People like talking a lot.

If non of that helps just remember this. People can smell the smoke on you even with how many showers you will take. Brushing your teeth every hour will not help either. The smoke lingers more then people realize.

Phillip

OMG Member
I would recommend not buying any of those nicotine pills, patches, etc. they will just make you tempted to buy cigarettes again because you'll still have that nicotine in your system. Also DO NOT VAPE! It allows moisture to become stuck in your lungs which is incredibly bad for you.

I wouldn't even go for anything like that, ew.

Another way to keep that temptation at bay. Try sunflower seeds, bubble gum. Anything to keep your mouth or fingers busy and distracted. Some people smoke because they are bored and need a distraction.

I've been eating a lot of chips lately, mostly salt and vinegar chips...
herr-s-salt-vinegar-potato-chips-1.gif

Most habits can be broken after 21 days. You might find it will become easily after 21 days to forget about smoking. After 21 days you will be able to breath better, smell better, and most food will start to taste better also. No more airplane food taste! Anytime you feel tempted, put the money you'll use to buy cigarettees in a jar. You will be amazed how much money you'll have that could be used towards hobbies, paying bills, or buying that fancy sport car you always wanted(admit it! You have it picked out already)

For nearly three years, I was smoke free. I had to quit cause of doing chemotherapy for six months and then after I started working at the job I have been at for over two years now I went back to it cause I was always stressed out.

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
There are other ways to relieve stress. Excerise and hobbies are the best way I can think of to do that. And I love sour cream and onion chips by herrs! My favorite! Haven't tried salt and vinger yet. I'll have to do that soon :)

Phillip

OMG Member
There are other ways to relieve stress. Excerise and hobbies are the best way I can think of to do that. And I love sour cream and onion chips by herrs! My favorite! Haven't tried salt and vinger yet. I'll have to do that soon :)

I think I will do exercise, I wanna have a better figure to myself...

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
NO :D

I quit on the 4th of April last year :D
I used a vaporizer with cherry coke and reduced the nicotine content until I just didn't need it anymore. Took me 3 weeks to come off the vape completely. No cigarettes since the 4th April 2016. Loving it lol.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Good job Nix.
Mistic, glad you don't smoke or vape (same thing in my book)

And I don't smoke. blah, don't like it. I have no problem with other people smoking. Just don't like smelling it or having it near me, etc.

Tamie

OMG Member
I am a smoker, and have been smoking for almost 20 years now. To be honest with you, I have never even tried quitting, so just the fact that you want to quit is a big achievement in my opinion. I have friends who just stopped it completely. Like overnight. It was hard at first, but they just did it. It takes a lot of willpower and dedication, but you can do it! Good luck!

Nickie

OMG Member
I had a little ceremony when I quit. A shot glass full of Dickel and one cigarette. Drink the Dickel and smoke the cigarette. I've never smoked another one. Hard as heck for the first 2 or 3 months but find the resolve to stick with it. You'll be a better person for having done it.

HoorahForMe

OMG Member
I smoked for forty-two years before I finally "quit for good" eight years ago. In the past, I had quit at least ten times, usually ranging from three days to three months, and then would go back to smoking. This final time, don't ask me why, I quit "cold turkey" and haven't had one puff since. It's strange, when quitting before, I constantly craved a smoke, this last time, very, very seldom, and can forget the urge almost immediately. I guess that when it's really the time for you, you'll just do it, with no other reservations.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
oh boy.. Floris is gonna kill meeeee.

I smoked from the age of 16 to 17. I 'quit' til I was 23, then I am now quitting once again at age 25/26. Not had a smoke in 3 months today!

Reactions: Nix

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
oh boy.. Floris is gonna kill meeeee.

I smoked from the age of 16 to 17. I 'quit' til I was 23, then I am now quitting once again at age 25/26. Not had a smoke in 3 months today!
But you vape, I think, right?