August walk month

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've done this before and I rather not get into the details of a month of walking, and how pathetically little amounts I walk even when I dedicate time to it. But it works for me, and that's why I do it.

There's nobody here to push me, so I try my best, and hope it will get me somewhere.

Anyway, in August I plan to enjoy the end of the Summer by walking an extra distance in the morning. Leaving my bike at home and use my feet instead.

My shoes are not giving me blisters (anymore), and I have a rhythm with my bicycle again, and I want to expand my daily cardio by simply going out there and walk. Putting on some music, a podcast or just listen to some stand up comedy or something. Whatever can distract me. And then walk for a distance that's comfortable one day, and push it the day after. And repeat this throughout August.

The plan is also to replace biking to the store for some daily fresh foods and drinks, to get less food and drinks and walk there instead. Eating a slightly bit healthier and less, while walking more, hopefully all contributes to feeling a bit better and more energetic.

Only to repeat it (but times two) in October or November again.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Go for it :D good luck and enjoy.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I hope, .. I probably regret it, but I hope I can get through that rough part.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm trying to walk more, I walked for an hour yesterday home from a friend's place, and my mother now lives out of town about a 45 minute walk away so on good days I'll walk there too, both of those are in the same direction, and I can walk through woods and fields around there.

Planning on going canoeing at some point possibly in August or September.