Been working on my new header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodkaholic

OMG Member
Running a forum is never an easy thing to do even with the best forum software. It is more like an unpaid full time job. There are many benefits but at it's worst, the forum life can be very lonely when members desert us and there is no one to share it with. :(
agree :) but my reason's was due to the amount of time I was skin'ing in sat on my pc :C

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
Maybe i'm just imposing my baggage on you. :p

I'm having one of those bad weekends. It's going good on a personal level but not so much for my forum.

Just a transition i think, needing to get out and find more real members to talk with me there.

Would have helped if i'd bothered to niche early on, but did not. So hard to establish an audience now.

Anyway, as for the skins you were creating, they were very nice, very detailed. But i can see how that would take a good deal of time. I used to design blogger templates and just one took about a week to do.

That's just me, i'm sure another person could have done it in a day. Not me with my schedule.

We all have our own situation. I understand where you're coming from.

Vodkaholic

OMG Member
Maybe i'm just imposing my baggage on you. :p

I'm having one of those bad weekends. It's going good on a personal level but not so much for my forum.

Just a transition i think, needing to get out and find more real members to talk with me there.

Would have helped if i'd bothered to niche early on, but did not. So hard to establish an audience now.

Anyway, as for the skins you were creating, they were very nice, very detailed. But i can see how that would take a good deal of time. I used to design blogger templates and just one took about a week to do.

That's just me, i'm sure another person could have done it in a day. Not me with my schedule.

We all have our own situation. I understand where you're coming from.
nah its cool I get what you mean :) don't worry about it ^^

I just don't have the time now-a-days for much is all
Just had a look and I have about 12 sites which all still need finishing :/
My un-used xenforo site http://maelstorm.net/ is so basic (ive done nothing with it) it was for a few mates ^^

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
Too many projects, too little time. Yes, i know that feeling, am going through something similar myself.
I must learn to prioritize what is important and will bring the best results. So many people currently pulling on my time and very little time to myself. Ironically i don't like spending time alone. LOL!

But a little down time to enjoy something other than work would be nice.

By the way, Maelstorm, that's World of Warcraft? I have a friend who is very much into WoW.

I have not gotten into it yet though. I would not be opposed to it, just not sure my computer is capable of handling the graphics. I could at least try. Not sure why i had not thought of it. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.