Book vs. ebook

Nickie

OMG Member
Which do you prefer? The real book that smells like a book and has pages to turn or an ebook that is on a screen and you touch it to turn pages. Being from the old school I still prefer the real thing. I have a Kindle with many books downloaded. The only time I use it is on the beach. It's much more convenient than a real book. What's your preference?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Audible advertisement in 3..2..1..

I like podcasts, I love listening to certain audible books, and I enjoy when someone reads to me.
I prefer reading a real book in my own time with paper against my fingers. But my eyes are so bad, it takes the joy out when I have to stop every couple of pages and rest. So I learned to listen. Which is fine. I kinda prefer it now.

KilljoyDivine

OMG Member
I miss paper books. Turns out they can be filled with dust mites, which I'm horridly allergic to. So I've gone to a paperwhite Kindle, which is easier on the eyes.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I miss paper books. Turns out they can be filled with dust mites, which I'm horridly allergic to. So I've gone to a paperwhite Kindle, which is easier on the eyes.
How awesome is it that if you have an allergy like that, that we have digital ink books basically .. iPads and Kindles are nice solutions/alternatives.