Christmas shoppings: Why is it so stressful?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
@Floris the most important part of Christmas is family and friends. So your Christmas will be rich anyway. I just get carried away every year so ignore me lol... But I will be rich in family and friends this year too I hope, if all goes well.

Vloop

Patron
When I lived in São Paulo, some years ago, I was part of an inclusive church (LGBT church) and most of the people there were from other states, just like me, and could not afford an expensive trip to their hometowns. So, I talked to the leader of the church and said I would like to make a dinner for all the people who would not be able to travel to spend Xmas with their families. In less than a month I had not only enough money to make a decent dinner for 30 people (more or less) but also lots of other people to help me share the cooking too. It was amazing! Many of them said it was the best present they ever got for Xmas.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
When I lived in São Paulo, some years ago, I was part of an inclusive church (LGBT church) and most of the people there were from other states, just like me, and could not afford an expensive trip to their hometowns. So, I talked to the leader of the church and said I would like to make a dinner for all the people who would not be able to travel to spend Xmas with their families. In less than a month I had not only enough money to make a decent dinner for 30 people (more or less) but also lots of other people to help me share the cooking too. It was amazing! Many of them said it was the best present they ever got for Xmas.

That's awesome! SO kind and thoughtful of you, well done.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I would like to do more charity gifts this year, but I always feel like I have to get something for people to open as well.
I like to do the buy a family a well or crops, I tend not to like the buy a cow types as feel that they then have to take care of the animal which could be more of a burden. One cow will not produce milk!

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I need a cane to walk with for christmas, i feel im getting older by the day. UGHg
rwre

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
It was quiet at owrk today so I planned my list for what to get everyone, a few people are only got a theme rather than an actual idea of what to get them, but most I have pretty much decided on and just need money to get them, plus make a couple of things

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I started shopping for a few people back in March. Now I'm picking up pace, I can't afford to shop but I am working out what to get people! Love it! 17 weeks to go...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
This will be the first year in a lot of years where I have a bit of a budget finally to buy something for someone that really matters. But, this is also the first Christmas that will be unlike any other. Very strange.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've got Abbs birthday and Christmas main presents sorted, as in I know what I'm getting her! Lists have been made. Made a good dent in the stocking gifts on yesterday's shopping trip. Made a start on other peoples presents too... only a little start but yeh...

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've pretty much got my list sorted for people, one or two (males) I still need to figure out, but most people I know what I getting/making them.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm thinking about starting my Christmas shopping soon, this virus is meant to peak again in January, but I'd rather get it sorted sooner just in case we go back into lockdown before Christmas.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've started my list too and bought some presents already. Got to plan for 2 different Christmas/Birthday's this year!!!!

Lockdown and No Lockdown!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Gift wise this year it's going to be mainly lockdown in mind I think, so things people can do indoors. Food wise, well my mother might have to actually cook for once, usually we go out for Christmas, and we're just waiting on whether the pub that we went to last year is planning on doing it or not.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Going to start my Christmas shopping after I get paid, there's a few gifts I need to post so want them done early.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've started my Christmas shopping! One person is done, another started, just need a few more bits for that one.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
There's talk of a new lockdown at the end of October, so I want to buy, and post presents before then.
Got a few more bought today, and there's more sat in my Amazon basket as well.