Christmas shoppings: Why is it so stressful?

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Yer I got a couple of bits for Christmas Eve and Abbs Bday... just trickling the shopping slowly but surely...

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I found a Dutch shop that has a few fun things that I think I can get for family. Now to find the cheaper alternatives haha

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just done some more...
2 friends started
1 friend finished
Abbs b'day finished
Abbs stocking started
Abbs Xmas started

Still got,
9 friends to finish
my fam to sort
Abbs to finish
Abbs Dad to finish

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just done some more...
2 friends started DONE
1 friend finished DONE
Abbs b'day finished DONE
Abbs stocking started DONE
Abbs Xmas started DONE

Still got,
9 friends to finish 3 LEFT
my fam to sort DONE
Abbs to finish DONE
Abbs Dad to finish JUST GOT TO GET A PS5 GAME ONCE RELEASED!!

Floris

Staff member
Can I just give you like $100 and ship me things for my friends and family? lol, i dont have time or money or motivation for this.

sarfrazali2027

OMG Member
Because the “other people” build it stressful. Say what you would like. offer 3 selections. a minimum of one ought to be cheap, one moderate, and one on the high aspect, therefore the shopper will be comfortable with what his finances permit. If you don’t state a preference don’t complain you didn’t get something you needed. If you evoke terribly expensive things, ditto. nobody will browse your mind and that we produce other folks to buy for. And don’t pout over your presents. You’re associate adult. If you would like one thing that unhealthy and didn’t latch on, pass yourself

Floris

Staff member
I've started the season by sending something nice to @Nix and my mom, sister, and niece. A little something to say: "hey, I was thinking of you", and to start the season of.

That said, I dunno if I will do anything more, financially it looks like I don't really have any spending money left for gifts. And we're all having a stressful year behind us, just getting together with a bit of food and a drink might just be enough for this year.

Got my mom some christmas decorations though so where she lives looks a bit nicer, less lonely dark winter feelings.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Yey, surprises ta @Floris :)

I'm done with shopping. Just waiting for a few more things to arrive. I'll start wrapping in December! Got a few bits to post present wise to @Floris and @Joan and cards a plenty to get posted too...

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Shopping done, presents wrapped and posted, only written the cards that went with the posted gifts, I'll do the rest another time.

JasonZ

OMG Member
Yes I agree with members that Christmas shopping and wrapping them is always stressful and this year we are facing challenge to find gift items as we totally depends on international supply which is disturbed through COVID means we have few option to choose and not getting better idea.

CrayCray

OMG Member
The upside of the lockdowns is that everybody's okay with us just ordering fun things online. Makes it less stressful. There's also less stress for me in regards to figuring out big family dinners while keeping an eye on everybody their busy schedule.

Floris

Staff member
I've decided: I am broke, accept it..

So I spend 100 euro on amazon on things I can share with family.

Hopefully it buys me a little bit of happiness.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Just in the process of signing up to save for this Christmas again. It really helps me saving a bit each month as the panic for shopping is less when you know you have some aside already!

Floris

Staff member
I think I will just buy 1 gift a month from amazon from a list - picking the cheapest stuff. Maybe I end up with 12 things for the fam by the end of the year. #optimistic

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I think I will just buy 1 gift a month from amazon from a list - picking the cheapest stuff. Maybe I end up with 12 things for the fam by the end of the year. #optimistic
So it's February now, did you buy a gift in January?

Floris

Staff member
Christmas this year will be super weird. I .. we .. I guess we will see.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Christmas is coming up quickly and there's already talk of there being shortages, we've been hearing about it from supplies for a while and it seems like the food industry is the same. Best shop as early as possible

• Wow

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Christmas is coming up quickly and there's already talk of there being shortages, we've been hearing about it from supplies for a while and it seems like the food industry is the same. Best shop as early as possible
I don't need help with shopping early but this excuse is perfect!

Floris

Staff member
But seriously ..

If "the news" keeps reporting "ARE THERE GOING TO BE SHORTAGES" then everybody is like "OMG SHORTAGES BETTER BUY NOW" and oh look .. shortages ..

Self fulfilling prophecy

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
It's bigger than that here, the price of shipping has gone up x10 in some cases, and they then have a shortage of lorry drivers, and even if you get it to the warehouses here they are facing staff shortages as well. Plus the Suez canal delays are only just being resolved.

Floris

Staff member
That's crazy. Don't buy presents, saves you loads of money ;)

Best of luck everybody, don't forget you can buy loads of stuff on the weekend of black friday as well at massive discounts.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Made a start on buying wrapping paper and cards (got in the sale!).. Pressies have been bought too but not too many just a few bits here and there.