Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Considering to finally get Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom

Discussion in 'Design Den' started by Floris, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    I've used them before for projects, but never out of my own pocket. I want to have it so I can just start it any moment of the day and not worry about not getting support, etc.

I have a great Mac system now, and I noticed it's $13/month basically for photoshop and lightroom. I want to learn it a lot better, I want a much newer version. And I want to ask them a million support questions while training.

It's $145/year basically, something I can afford if I put my mind to it. And much more affordable than $25/month for just Premiere Pro (which I also need, but have a harder time affording).

I might just decide to prepare some projects this summer and gather up some pictures and designs to work on and create a workflow and then get the subscription and work on it like it's a hobby.

What's your opinion on this? What's your experience with Photoshop?

2. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Oooooh, how things turn overnight.

Today I had a chat with the PR guy from Affinity Serif and I just installed their Phot:wave:Designer Mac apps and their iOS photo app.

I am looking forward to sharing the experience of starting it for the first time, to do a little 'exploring' of the app with you guys and make a few tutorials perhaps. We will see..

That app looks super interesting and a worth replacement of photoshop - and at its current introduction price it seems quite affordable.

I might even be able to give a glimpse into the mac betas to show what's around the corner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice