Considering to finally get Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I've used them before for projects, but never out of my own pocket. I want to have it so I can just start it any moment of the day and not worry about not getting support, etc.

I have a great Mac system now, and I noticed it's $13/month basically for photoshop and lightroom. I want to learn it a lot better, I want a much newer version. And I want to ask them a million support questions while training.

It's $145/year basically, something I can afford if I put my mind to it. And much more affordable than $25/month for just Premiere Pro (which I also need, but have a harder time affording).

I might just decide to prepare some projects this summer and gather up some pictures and designs to work on and create a workflow and then get the subscription and work on it like it's a hobby.

What's your opinion on this? What's your experience with Photoshop?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Oooooh, how things turn overnight.

Today I had a chat with the PR guy from Affinity Serif and I just installed their Phot:wave:Designer Mac apps and their iOS photo app.

I am looking forward to sharing the experience of starting it for the first time, to do a little 'exploring' of the app with you guys and make a few tutorials perhaps. We will see..

That app looks super interesting and a worth replacement of photoshop - and at its current introduction price it seems quite affordable.

I might even be able to give a glimpse into the mac betas to show what's around the corner.